Friday, July 20, 2007

Lovely people


Three things that made me happy today (and yesterday):
- Seeing Amanda's happiness with her new job, her house in town and her new car (pictured above). She is the "baby" of the family and it is difficult to accept that she is actually an adult now.
- Enjoying my sister's company while we hung out during Amanda's training class. I thought it was touching that Amanda wanted her mama to come with her to Atlanta. It was a bonus for me and Jo got to sleep in a bit while I worked yesterday morning. She said she felt treated like a queen because I left her a pot of coffee and a bowl of sliced strawberries for her cereal.
- The genteel looking elderly man who I see walking every morning on my way to work had stopped this morning to talk to a neighbor lady and had removed the baseball cap he is always wearing.

No comments: