Friday, March 18, 2016

Hippety hoppety, day is done and may the road rise with you

- My favorite local antique shop had a Spring open house last Saturday and I snapped this photo to send to my sister.  She and I both had Easter baskets just like this when we were wee girls.  Easter's on its way!

- On Wednesday, I made my way from northwest Atlanta to my church in Stone Mountain, Georgia for this lovely concert of Spirituals and Hymns, featuring two amazing singers from our church choir.  They are both opera singers on days other than Sunday, and we are so lucky to have them.  It was so lovely to sit with friends and let the music wash over me at the end of a long day.

- And speaking of lucky!  Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and the world seemed awash in green.  I've had this "Old Gaelic Blessing" (click to enlarge) hanging in my kitchen my whole adult life.  My sister gave it to me when I was very ill the first year I was in college.  This ancient Celtic prayer always makes me feel peaceful.  I love that it is a blessing for ones journey and that it has been with me on my journey along the way.

May the roads rise with you, my friends!  Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

Cloudia said...

You too Dear

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - wonderful to see ... love the Easter basket and then your Service with their voices .. I can 'hear' it wash over you ...

Have a good weekend .. Hilary

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely Gaelic saying!

Fireblossom said...

I love Easter. There's just something encouraging about it.

Elephant's Child said...

Love that blessing you have had through all your journeys. Have a wonderful weekend.

Susan Kane said...

I love the twist at the end! Now eat your Irish soda bread and praise God.

Lee said...

I'll have to dust off my cane basket and leave it outside my door....just in case! :)

Granny Annie said...

It is a joyous time while Spring springs.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely Easter basket and i like the Celtic blessing too