Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween, witch cake and shame on me



- This home is alarmingly close to a cemetery and always seems up for sale. I'm thinking it's haunted. The current owners obviously have a great sense of humor about the whole thing. When you get close to the ghoulish figures, they cackle and howl.

- Tammy brought in a cake to work shaped like a witches head complete with hat. Nose holes were fashioned using two inverted chocolate chips. Every time she walked by it, she smiled at it.

- I never get Trick-or-Treaters in my condominiums, but a few years ago I was out to dinner on Halloween night and when I got home a group of little ghouls were walking toward my building with their mother. I hurried in and just didn't answer when they got to my door since I did not have anything close to a treat to give them. Then I heard a little boy say, "I know someone's home Mama, because their key is in the door."

3 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Number 3 is priceless! I was in that situation once (well, not with a key left in the door,) but I had nothing for kids (not many trick-or-treaters in our hood then.)

So I gave the kids 2 quarters each and They Loved That Treat!!!

BTW, I really love your blog. Next week I am going to start linking up a blog or two a week I love and yours is one of my top 10, so stay tuned.

Lynn said...

Now there's a thought... I remember standing at the pantry door and rejecting everything in there as a treat option. :)

And thanks for linking me to your blog. I plan to add yours to my list, too. Yours is always so upbeat and FUN.

Jannie Funster said...

Hey, let's keep the mutual-admiration society going...

Love it!

And as I said ad nauseum, love your blog too, a respite in a sea of sometimes negative jibberish.