Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yoo hoo!, thought and never too late

- After all these years, finally trying the chocolaty drink Yoo-hoo - a co-worker brought them in as a leftover treat from a party at her house. Too many calories, but so good.

- Emailing niece Amanda that I had a Yoo-hoo and thought of her. My dad used to put one in her stocking at Christmas. Her answer, "oh my gosh i love yoohoos!!! i haven't had one in a long time either. I just might have to go get one today :)"

- A favorite quote and personal motto, displayed in the photo above: "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot (aka English novelist Mary Anne Evans - 1819-1880)

12 comments:

TALON said...

boo hoo! We don't have Yoo-hoo in Canada. If it has chocolate, I'm down with that!

That quote gives me hope :)

Riot Kitty said...

I've never had a yoohoo. But I'm sitting here eating maple leaf cookies from Trader Joe's, so I'm getting my fix :)

LL Cool Joe said...

I've never heard of Yoo-hoo either.

RK, when I went to a Trader Joe's I was shocked to see how much healthy food they sold, it seemed different from most Supermarkets in the States.

Good quote Lynn.

Jannie Funster said...

Excellent quote!

And I've never had a Yoo-hoo, seems like a must-try.

And Talon, but you have all those Jos Louis, Wunderbars and Mister Bigs, how much better than those can it get?? :)

Blue Bunny said...

i had a hoo-yoo one tiem. it iz a mixture of karrits and beers. yummie!

Lynn said...

Talon -

I could always mail one to you. :)

And you are great already, my friend!

Riot Kitty -

We have Trader Joe's here now - I am going to look for those cookies. Yum.

Joe -

They probably only have it in the states. Look for it next time you are here - soon, right? New York?

Jannie -

What is a Mister Big?

Blue Bunny -

I like to say Yoo Hoo. Yoo hoo - Blue Bunny, where's the karrits and beers???

Snaggle Tooth said...

You've helped remind me There's a dear friend's family I used to buy YooHoo for every Xmas- I rarely drink them tho- I like tea. They're so sweet like a milkshake...
I hope that quote refers to me-

Lynn said...

Snaggle -

That quote refers to those of us who still dream - I think that is you.

forever lost said...

my grandfather use to get one for me in a real glass bottle! It was such a special treat!
Love your quote! if I only knew what I was meant to be LOL

Lynn said...

Hey Boots -

That is exactly what my dad gets for Amanda - a Yoo-hoo in a glass bottle. A good memory for you, too. :)

I know - seeing into the future would be so convenient!

Cookie said...

That is a great quote :)

Lynn said...

Cookie -

I think it is, too.