- Fort Creek Baptist Church in Elbert County, Georgia, on a beautiful blue sky day. Sisters and I journeyed there last Friday and met up with our dad's first cousin, his son and grandson, whom we had never met. All such nice men - a mini family reunion. Our Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother donated the land for this church in 1909, in honor of their first daughter, who passed away after living only a few months.
- A nice lady let us walk through the sanctuary. A woman is slowly making stained glass windows she is donating; each one in honor of a different family member of hers.
- The cemetery land was donated, too, but is full of mostly our late family members. It is a silent, peaceful place, just a short walk to the church. We had a gravestone made for our dad's brother, who died in infancy. So this was the main reason for the trip, so we could see it, but we did fit in a fair amount of antiquing along the way. (Of course.) :)
- Switching gears! That bowl was full of chocolate chip cookies at the beginning of the weekend. My Virginia sister makes the best cookies ever and that's what I wanted for my birthday treat instead of cake. As you can see, we liked them.
- We visited a favorite thrift shop of mine on Saturday and my sister bought these crazy boots to wear to a costume party. She will go as one of the characters in the play / film "Mama Mia." I have never laughed so hard as when we were contemplating these boots. :)
That was the prevailing theme of the weekend, lots of laughter. My throat is a little sore from it. :) I needed that. I hope you had a great weekend, too - I will be catching up with your blogs at lunch hour today.