Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Mr. and Mrs. Pilgrim, Sunday morning grits and just heavenly

- My Pilgrim salt and pepper shakers stay in the kitchen cabinet where the plates and bowls are housed, all year, except in November.  I like how they peek out at me when they are in the cabinet, but even more when they are on top of the microwave in the kitchen.  They make me smile every time I look at them.  And the lady Pilgrim gets to be the pepper shaker!

- No one will ever want me to be a food stylist, I guess.  :)  The Sunday morning hominy grits when they were almost ready.  This batch was perfect - with just the right amount of thickness. 

- Friend Barb gave me two bars of this soap about 10 years ago, when I admired the scent of it in a shop.  French soap from Provence in my kitchen.  Just heavenly.  The first bar lasted all this time and was down to a sliver, so I dug out this one.  It's almost too pretty to use.

Things in my kitchen that make me happy.  :)  It's almost Thanksgiving here in the US, so out came the Pilgrims!  Happy Tuesday!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. and Mrs. Pilgrim are adorable!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - lovely that you have the favourite Mr and Mrs Pilgrim to come out at Thanksgiving time ... your hominy grits look perfect - we'd call it a luscious bowl of porridge with extras .. sugar, milk, butter, salt - or whatever your wish ...

Love the thought of that bar of soap lasting so long .. good use of it I guess - have a very happy Thanksgiving ... cheers Hilary

G. B. Miller said...

The simplest things often bring us the biggest pleasures and the biggest smiles.

Father Nature's Corner

Lee said...

Mr and Mrs Pilgrim finally get to come out of the closet!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, Lynn. :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Those Pilgrims are adorable!
That soap lasted for ten years???
That is Amazing!!! I wash my hands so much I'm lucky if my soap lasts for three weeks!
A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours, my dear.

Elephant's Child said...

I love that Mrs Pilgrim is the pepper shaker - adding a bit of spice to the relationship.

Riot Kitty said...

I saw some soap that looked very similar at Trader Joe's, believe it or not! Not Provence, but probably smells just as good. ;)

TALON said...

You'll laugh, Lynn, as I have a cat shakers - both wearing scarves and winter jackets - that peek at me from my cabinet and they come out next month when Christmas is lurking. :) I love that Mrs. Pilgrim gets to be the pepper. :) Not sure what sex is what with the cat shakers - lol!

Yummy on the soap...luxurious and lovely. I know how hard it is to use it that first time. :)

Happy Happy Thanksgiving!

Joanne said...

Those pepper shakers are adorable!!

Fireblossom said...

You're right, some soap almost seems a shame to use! And I love the pilgrim shakers, too.

Betty Manousos said...

happy thanksgiving! xo

sage said...

Happy thanksgiving (and who is going to fix me grits this morning)

Leonora said...

I like having a special soap at my kitchen sink, too. It's a luxury to smell something like lavender or rosemary during the daily mundanes.

Sparkling Red said...

I remember the Pilgrims from last year! It's good to see them again.

I love French soap. I go out of my way a couple of times a year specially just to buy it at the one store in Toronto where it can be had for less than an arm and a leg. If it's triple-milled it will last for ages.