Friday, November 21, 2014

Still blooming, local celebrities and reliving the month

- That is a camellia blossom (called Camellia White Northern Lights Camellia Sasanqua) blooming at the park where I walk.  I love that camellias bloom in cold weather here.  My grandmother had a camellia bush at the corner of her house, beside the front porch, that had reddish pink blossoms.  When my sister and I decided to drive by the house a few years ago, during a visit to Macon, Georgia, there it was - in December, still blooming.

- Meeting a client for lunch at a sandwich shop near our office this week - a good thing in itself.  She has a sparkling personality and always makes my day.  I arrived before she did and noticed a small shrine to Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler.  The owner walked up when I was snapping the photo with my phone, asking, "Are you a fan of Scarlett and Rhett, too?"  Absolutely - how could I not live in the city where the book was written and not be?

- The possibility that I might have pre-Thanksgiving guests forces me to get my house in order.  I relived the month of October, as I cleaned up piles of stuff from trip to the mountains, Highland games, friend's wedding weekend, Halloween, etc..  All put away now - a great feeling.

And here's another great feeling:  the weekend is upon us!  I hope your weekend is wonderful, my friends.

11 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - camellias are beautiful aren't they ... then the Scarlett and Rhett shelf .. lovely shrine to them ..

Oh gosh tidying up .. yes - I'm doing that all the time ... anyway enjoy the pre Thanksgiving visitors and the weekend ahead .. with/without the snow .. cheers Hilary

Sparkling Red said...

Winter-blooming flowers are delightful. It's far too cold in Toronto for flowers outdoors at the moment (-5 C is the high today), but I have an African violet and some other type of plant with red flowers (name unknown!) blooming just inside my front window right now.

TALON said...

"Oh, fiddle dee dee..." :) (My Scarlett moment done)

Those camellias are stunning! Oh, the green...I miss the green already!

Have a beautiful weekend, Lynn, stuffed full of good things.

Elephant's Child said...

Doesn't that clean-up feel wonderful (after it is done). I need to follow suit.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Jannie Funster said...

The ONLY time I seem to get any house work done is due to the possibility of having guests!! :) True! Actually been doing that a lot more organizing lately, and it does feel good to tidy and put away. Quite a bit went to GoodWill too.

I wonder if I should get that Vivian Leigh GWTW hair style for the holidays? I'd for sure get a lot of comments about it from my mates. :)

Enjoy your lovely weekend, you lovely thing, you!

xoxooxox

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love that tribute to Scarlet and Rhett----And why not? Who can ever forget The Burning Of Atlanta? And later.....Scarlet visiting Rhett in jail in her Beautiful green velvet "DRAPE" dress.....
Enjoy your weekend, my dear....!

Riot Kitty said...

I love anything that blooms in winter.

Granny Annie said...

I have a pre-Thanksgiving guest and I am looking forward to his help. So far I am having to follow him through the house picking up his trail of shoes, chargers, knife, water bottle, jackets (two), etc. He is 22 now and going into the Navy but some things never change at Granny's.

Joanne said...

I'm a Scarlett and Rhett lover also!!

Lynn said...

Hilary -

I have to say - my place gets a tad untidy sometimes, so it was so nice to have a clean and tidy home this weekend. Cheers to you!

Sparkling Red -

Yikes - that is cold! I'll bet that violet is lovely.

Talon -

Fiddle dee dee indeed! :)

Elephant's Child -

It does feel good - my cleaner is a bad duster, but does great on the floors. So I always dust behind him a little. :)

Jannie -

You probably could get that hair style! It would look fetching on you, I think. :)

ooxxoo

Lynn said...

Boycott American Women -

I'm deleting your comment - it's getting so boring - always says the same thing. :)

Naomi -

That dress made out of the drapes is my favorite scene of all!

Riot Kitty -

Me, too!

Granny Annie -

He sounds like my ex-husband! :)

Joanne -

Me, too!