Friday, July 10, 2015

Morning coffee, in the spirit and heading south

- My head is still in the mountains, drinking coffee by the river.  I was just having one of those "this time last week..." moments.  But I just had some coffee from home at my office desk and that was good, too.  Love that candle thingie my sister has on the kitchen counter.  It warms the two candles (in glass holders) inside and lights up beautifully. 

- At the condos, newest neighbor Alicia, a very nice, and a bit shy woman, got in the spirit of all the flower planting and put this pot of climbing Bougainvillea beside her front door.  It's trailing up nicely already.

- The last time I visited Pensacola, Florida, in mid-August 2014,  I experienced a moment of pure happiness that my sister was driving so I could gaze at the waters of Pensacola Bay, while going over the bridge to the beach area.  I snapped this photo to commemorate - I knew it would come in handy one day.  That's where I'm headed later today to be with family for the weekend.  I'm so excited!

May your weekend be filled with good things!

11 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I wish I could take a leaf from your Book of Blogging and write about a few things that 'make my day'.....(Problem: I don't go anywhere....!!!). Love that candle and your new neighbors Bougenvilla(?).....Have a lovely time this weekend, my dear!

Elephant's Child said...

Have a wonderful love and laughter filled weekend.

Leonora said...

I like your "going away" photo! Have a great time with your family!

sage said...

Enjoy the water!

Joanne said...

One of my best friends is from Pensacola! It's gorgeous there.

G. B. Miller said...

As the song goes, summertime, and the living is easy. Have an truly enjoyable one!

Father Nature's Corner

desk49 said...

sometimes coffee is all one needs.

Sparkling Red said...

Holy wowzers, look at the blue of that sky! Funny how roads look so much better without any cars... ;-)

I hope your weekend has been relaxing.

desk49 said...

coffees right
candle light
flowers up tight
bay bright
road quite a sight

Riot Kitty said...

Good on you for taking that picture as a memory of a wonderful moment.

LL Cool Joe said...

I love the candle holder, I bet my younger daughter would enjoy that. She's into candles.