Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Crazy punch bowl, framed rug and fuzzy vest

My sister Jo and I have long made a fun game of pointing out things in shops, prior to Christmas, that we are going to get each other for Christmas - tongue in cheek, of course.  And since we aren't together as often as we'd like, here are three photos I've texted to her with no message and her response.  :)

- She said, "What IS that???"  A crazy punch bowl, I think.

 - She replied that she could hang that in her dining room.  A framed Last Supper rug - amazing that someone thought to make that.

 - I sent this with the message, "I crack myself up!"  She replied, "You are too funny!"  Me, "That's going to look so good on you!"  One year another relative gave her a sweater with a fuzzy neck like that and she felt she had to wear it at least once.  :)

She was frantically wrapping all of the Christmas presents last Friday, in anticipation of the grandsons visiting - she needed to have all of her time to be with them.  She asked in the same text message if I remembered all those trips down to be with them on Christmas Eve and that I sat on the floor with her in a closed room and helped to finish wrapping all the presents.  That happened year after year - I thought it was fun.  She said that was a good memory and that, "You are the best sister ever!"  I replied - "No - you are!"  

11 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - fun memories the two of you have and then times when you can go back to being kids - wonderful to read about ... love the thoughts and sentiments - merry times ahead .. cheers Hilary

Elephant's Child said...

I love how close you are. Close in spirit and heart.

Lee said...

You are each as fortunate as the other. Wonderful sisters, you are...and you have wonderful memories and will make so many more. Good luck to you both. And a Merry Christmas to you and your family, Lynn. May 2016 treat you all kindly. :)

Leonora said...

Sisters are the only people who truly "get" us aren't they?
Have a Merry Christmas, Lynn!!

sage said...

It is fun when you can play games with siblings... I used to love buying my brother's kids loud toys!

Anonymous said...

What fun! Love that crazy punch bowl and cups.

Kay G. said...

You are the best sister ever! No, you are!
LOVE that!
I can't do that to my sister, I have TWO of them! :-)
They are both the best!
Merry Christmas, my Georgia friend!

desk49 said...

Marry Christmas
works for me.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Those are fun pics! I put fuzzy beads to decorate my window.
Mostly if we can we call on the Eve or Day, send cards n photos. Presents for the kids only, we are so broke just doing that! Hope Monroe has fun- n Mina too
May God Bless you and your family for the holiday visits- Have a Merry Christmas!

Sparkling Red said...

Aw, you and your sisters are so sweet to each other!

And fuzzy vests are EVERYWHERE this winter. They are the in thing for fashionable ladies, I guess. If that makes me unfashionable, so be it!

Riot Kitty said...

Aww! I love the exchange between you and your sister. Dear God, did you buy that fluffy thing?