Friday, December 11, 2015

Fancy Pants, Middle Sister and Drops of Jupiter

- I found myself in the wine aisle of the grocery store last night, looking for a bottle of wine to take as a gift.  This one caught my eye first - my sister Jo and I used the term "Fancy Pants" as code words during a difficult time in our family.  All we had to do was text or voice message Fancy Pants! and one would call the other.  How in the world we came up with that term - I couldn't say, but it worked.  And I love the pretty blue label on this bottle and that tag line, "I wear the pants."

- And the bottle next to it cracked me up.  I texted this photo to my sisters, since I am the sister born in the middle.  I'm sure no one thinks I'm a drama queen.  :)  The tag line "The dentist told me I needed a crown.  I was like I KNOW RIGHT!"  This one is apropos since I am facing getting a crown on a tooth.

- I'm terrible at picking out wine - I just go with interesting labels.  This one made me think of that song by the band Train, "Drops of Jupiter", and lo and behold, when I read the back of the bottle at home, it's their wine.  How about that.  And I just read that proceeds from sales of this wine go to charity.  I like that.  Hope it's good.  :)

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!

10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love those labels. And would probably have had to have them all in an agony of indecison.
Have a great weekend.

Lee said...

What great names for wines....and they'd make wonderful Christmas gifts...lots of fun! They sure bring a smile to my face...before even having one sip! :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - I remember the other wine you saw on a shelf .. it was a South African one - and then I checked it out for a post. These labels are fun aren't they ... am sure the wine matches up. I've just across another SA wine estate - that will be fun to write about - in January I suspect ...

Enjoy the vino .. and the story about your secret messaging with your sister ... and giving the wine proceeds from the sales to a charity is a great idea ... cheers Hilary

desk49 said...

Now I'm not sure what to say
Nothing will rhyme I send your way
tho three bottles you found
I say take the two and the crown

Kay G. said...

I also am a middle sister! Love that wine, I need to get it!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hope the wines taste as good as they look!

Sparkling Red said...

Neat! I love the Fancy Pants label. I am almost never in a liquor store, but when I am, I enjoy all the creative bottles and labels.

Granny Annie said...

I too would have to pick by the label. My siblings are wine connoisseurs and I know nothing but who knew I could find wines with labels for each of my siblings. Love it!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Well, my daughter bought cheap rum only because of the pirate pic on the label- It was the best rum I've had in years.

Looks like you need to buy the whole shelf- Then your cold will be disinfected too!

Riot Kitty said...

Middle sister! Love it, even though I don't have one.