Friday, July 22, 2016

Rolling clouds, moon with three names and captivated

- The skyline of midtown Atlanta up ahead during my morning commute this week.  And look at that beautiful sky!  Don't worry - we were all stopped.  Really stopped.

 - The Buck Moon that happened Tuesday night.  So called because bucks begin to grow new antlers at this time.  It's also known as the Thunder Moon, because of the frequent thunderstorms in July.  And it is also known as the Capricorn Moon.

- And more sitting in traffic.  On Thursday morning, I was captivated by this commuter pup - on an early morning trip with its person.

Here's something else to be captivated by:  the weekend!  I hope yours is lovely.

11 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Commuter pup looks unimpressed by the gridlock.

Lisa said...

If he's an Atlanta pup, he's used to it.

Elephant's Child said...

Loved travelling with you.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Lee said...

I hope that pup kept to the speed limit!!! ;)

Maude Lynn said...

The sky in that first shot is incredible!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Beautiful sky, cute dog and I love the seasonal names for the moon

G. B. Miller said...

I actually hit some nasty traffic jams traveling in Pennsylvania on the interstate. On a weekend no less when traffic came to absolute standstill for 25 minutes. Didn't have as nice as scenery as you did though.

Louvregirl said...

So glad you were stopped safely!!! 'Hate' it when that happens...

Sparkling Red said...

I never knew that the moon could have so many names. Thunder Moon is my favourite.

I love seeing pups in cars! Totally makes my day every time.

Lady Fi said...

What sweet shots.

LL Cool Joe said...

If that last shot had been taken in the UK I would have freaked out, as it would have meant that dog was driving the truck. :D