Friday, July 1, 2016

Special gift, still a puppy and beauty at home

- Receiving this photo in a text message from niece Amanda, who lives in Madison, Florida, "This huge dragonfly was on our porch tonight, and Kloie saw it before anyone else & yelled, "Miss Amanda!  Please take a picture of this dragonfly & send it to Aunt Lynn!!!!"  Kloie is six-years-old and Amanda's future step-daughter (she and Kloie's dad, Travis, will be married next March.)  I am delighted to call her my Great Niece already.  She is already beloved to all of us.

I've always loved dragonflies.  And then yesterday morning, feeling unmotivated to get to work, I was sitting at a traffic light five minutes away - and three dragonflies swirled and soared around my car and then flew north.

- This photo, also from a text, taken by my older sister on a visit with niece Carla in Ankara, Turkey of  the family's not-quite-well-behaved dog Eva.  Our younger sister texted, "Is that dog standing on the table?"  :)

- And at home, neighbor Rhonda's bountiful flowers.  She and I conspire on planting every spring, but her flowers are always the most beautiful.

I love early morning watering.  The birds around the condos are fully awake at 6am and provide a glorious symphony of singing to each other.  I love their calls and answers.  

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

A very happy weekend to you too.
And yes, on the dragonfly front. Beautiful things which always brighten my day.
Still chuckling at the dog on the table - a type of naughtiness I thought was reserved for cats.

sage said...

THat is a big dragonfly. Have a great fourth!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoy your holiday celebration(s), Lynn. Hopefully these will also include some firework displays, which are among my favorite part of this holiday. Your neighbor's blooms are lovely and that dragonfly was a big guy (?), also seems the dog needs a bit of obedience training (?).

Betty Manousos said...

oh, that is a big dragonfly.

have a happy fourth! enjoy! xoxo

Crafty Green Poet said...

I love dragonflies too and odn't see them often enough!

Kay G. said...

And 6 AM is before the sun comes up, and that is a much nicer time in Georgia these days!
Happy 4th!

Sparkling Red said...

Holy guacamole, that dragonfly is monstrously big!

Dogs are great, but I don't think I'd want the responsibility of training one. That's a tough job.

Lee said...

What are tables for if not to stand on, I ask?? :)

Kloie sounds like a delightful child. :)

Granny Annie said...

There are all kinds of meanings to dragonflies but I believe you were lucky to have three go around your car. Here is one meaning: "The dragonfly, in almost every part of the world symbolizes change and change in the perspective of self realization; and the kind of change that has its source in mental and emotional maturity and the understanding of the deeper meaning of life."

I am not surprised that your future grand niece already loves you because everyone loves you:-)

P.S. I have a picture of my cat Luke on my glass top table but sleeping not standing. LOL

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm fascinated by what Granny Annie has said about dragonflies. Let's hope if they do symbolise change that the changes will be good ones for you Lynn.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Love your dragonfly spirit animals. I haven't seen any this year- so dry here. Some dogs will not lower themselves....

Louvregirl said...

"I love early morning watering." Me too. :-)