Friday, June 24, 2016

More lighted beauty

More photos from my visit to the Atlanta Botanical Garden's Chihuly in the Garden exhibit.  Hope you don't mind!  Granny Annie asked in a comment if I named the pieces.  I'm sure they have actual names, but I don't know what they are.

- This one looks like a Harlequin hat to me.  There was a play going on nearby, somewhere in adjacent Piedmont Park, that sounded Shakespearean, which made perfect background noise for viewing in this area.

- Click to enlarge and you can see the blue sculpture that looks like Medusa's hair.  :)  A more close-up image can be seen here.  I loved how it popped up in this view though.

- In the conservatory, another pear-shaped sculpture.  Beautiful.

- A beautiful garden gate.  Click to enlarge to see the iguana, etc.

- And I named this one spray.  :)  The sun was setting and it had turned a bit cooler.  It was so lovely - can't wait to see it again.

Have a great weekend, my friends!

15 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Great appropriate names! I'd name last one, Peacock's tail. Blues make me relaxed.

Elephant's Child said...

How I love his work.
Years back there was an exhibition here, and a number of pieces were floated on the lake. The reflections were brilliant.
I would so love to go here with you.

sage said...

Beautiful. If you ever get to Grand Rapids, Michigan, you'll have to go to Mejier Gardens--they have some unique Chihuly pieces.

Granny Annie said...

These are all so beautiful that they give me goosebumps. How wonderful that you got to see this garden.

Sparkling Red said...

Those are so cool! Outdoor art has such a different impact from indoor art, whether the setting is a garden or a big plaza downtown.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Looks beautiful!

Lady Fi said...

How lovely.

Louvregirl said...

Lovely, Miss Lynn! Hope you are enjoying your summer, too! :-)

Snaggle Tooth said...

beautiful, thanks!

LL Cool Joe said...

I love the first one in particular, but they are all very beautiful, and I bet there are even more amazing in real life. So you didn't take a notebook with you to write down all the names then? :D

Lynn said...

No. 😄

Rick Watson said...

lovely photos.
Rick

Betty Manousos said...

those are all so beautiful! thanks so much for sharing.:)
xoxo

Lee said...

Now that was an enjoyable, lovely stroll! :)

Leonora said...

I just adore these- Thanks for sharing more. There can never be too many of these beautiful sculptures. : )