Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Lighted beauty

A few of the zillion photos I took at the Chihuly in the Garden installation at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.  

I named this one dandelion because...well, you know.

Inside the orchid house.

Flames in the water.

The botanical goddess is part of the regular exhibit at the gardens.  The lighted "boat" floats before her.  (Click to enlarge.)  A much better photo of her is here.

Beautiful torch.  

Barb and I plan to go back when it's cooler out - the exhibit lasts until the fall.  And this time I'll read the names of the installations and view more of these after dark.  We were early birds.  :)  A few more on Friday...

17 comments:

Lee said...

You light up my life! :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn- I gather the Chihuly lights in the gardens are beautiful .. lovely photos - thanks for sharing with us .. cheers Hilary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Very eye catching!!

Lady Fi said...

Wow - gorgeous! Love that torch.

Lisa said...

My brother loved the botanical gardens. We spent a lot of time there when I had cancer.

LL Cool Joe said...

I love the dandelion, but they all look great. I bet they look even more stunning in real life.

Elephant's Child said...

LOVE Chihuly's work. When he had a show at our Gallery we went twice. And oohed and ahhed every time.
What a delight to see his work in the Botanic Gardens.

Susan Kane said...

What a place! The torch is my choice as well.

Fireblossom said...

Wow, so cool!

Leonora said...

Oh my gosh! Who would think a botanical garden could be made more beautiful, but these sculptures do exactly that. I love the intense shots of color they add to the gardens.

Granny Annie said...

Did you name them all? Dandelion, flames in the water and torch? So cool one and all.

Ileana said...

I love Chihuly's glass works. There's a collection of his works in St. Petersburg, FL, which is amazing and not far from the Dalí Museum. If you're ever in my area, you'll love it there...right by the bay. Happy Hump Day!

Maude Lynn said...

That first one is so cool!

Snaggle Tooth said...

This is such cool stuff! Thanks

Snaggle Tooth said...

I'd love to be able to take the art tours you get too!

Kay G. said...

Really pretty but I am with you, I would like to see it when it is cooler! This heat, honestly, you would think I would be used to the Georgia summers! :-)

Louvregirl said...

Looks like a great place to go!