Friday, June 17, 2016

Lavender, Woof!, update and favorite fruit

- Friend Janice and I journeyed to Roswell, Georgia last Saturday for the annual Lavender Festival, held at historic Barrington Hall.  A few of my brother-in-law's family's antiques are inside the house - I posted about that here.  It was hot, but there was a little shade around, thanks to those huge Live Oak trees.  And the highlight for me:  lavender infused lemonade.  Yum.

- The night before, friend Barb and I visited the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for the Chihuly in the Garden installation.  I'll post about that next week, but right now wanted to share this botanical pooch in the midst of the upper garden, part of the regular garden tour.  I named this photo Woof!

- Update on the mural across the street from my office (click photo to enlarge) - it is celebrating my work neighborhood as the Upper Westside.  I posted about it last time here.  Can't wait to see the finished product!  The painters are spending much time on that last bit there on the right.

 - And a fourth thing today - semi-local blueberries are back!  Be still my heart.  I love them so.  These are from the south, at least.  Looking forward to finding some locally grown blueberries soon!

Hope you are having a lovely, peaceful day, my friends.

13 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - all gorgeous ... cheers and enjoy the weekend - Hilary

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm really into blue berries at the moment too. Which does very healthy for me!

I love that photo of the pooch, it's amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of the Botanical Gardens. There is a Botanical Garden in Phoenix that's meant to be really good, but we haven't been to see it yet. Maybe this summer we'll make it there, in the scorching sun! :D

Debra She Who Seeks said...

At first glance, I thought the botanical pooch was a dinosaur. Time to get my glasses changed?

Maude Lynn said...

Lavender lemonade? Oh, yum!

Susan Kane said...

What heaven! Lavender is so marvelous! I have a lot but narrow bare dirt. Picturing sage, rosemary, and lavender bushes. All those grow like crazy here in San Diego.

What a lovely afternoon. And I had to do a double take on the pooch.

Sparkling Red said...

Wow, that dog-bush is very lifelike! If it weren't green, I might expect it to bound over and wag its tail. :-)

Kay G. said...

Hard Labor Creek Blueberry Farm is open! It is very close to Hard Labor Creek State Park, it is not far from my Dad's house! The fresh blueberries are wonderful and when I go , I get enough to freeze.
The dog topiary is very good, and I have seen topiary in England, so I know good when I see it!

Crafty Green Poet said...

lavender is wonderful....

Riot Kitty said...

Oooh! I love lavender and Dale Chihuly. Jealous.

Granny Annie said...

I never thought of lavender as something to eat or drink. I do love blueberries and have a large blueberry farm near my house. You buy a bucket and get all the blueberries you can pick and put in the bucket.

Lady Fi said...

Beautiful gardens. And those blueberries look delicious.

Louvregirl said...

It looks like where you live is a lot of fun Lynn! Yes, things here are peaceful. Enjoying a HOT, green summer! ;-)

Snaggle Tooth said...

I have Lavender in my pocket for the scent today. I feel bad for those allergic to it- Lucky I'm not!
That mural will be very nifty-