Tuesday, June 7, 2016

At rest, more beauty and family fun

- More mountain scenes from the Nantahala Forest taken with my iPhone.  This is a farm I see every time I drive up the mountain to my sister's vacation home.  See the cows there resting in the distance?  The field of yellow wildflowers caught my attention every time I passed.  Click to enlarge.

- Back at Hamilton Gardens in Hiawassee, Georgia.  I loved the wildflowers next to the Oakleaf Hydrangea bush.  That's some sort of utility shed in the distance.

- And the view to the right from the back porch at the house.  The farmer across the river is in his 90s - I've mentioned him before.  He was out every morning and afternoon, working on his plantings.  You can just see a corner of his property there on the left.

- And there was some of this - watching kayakers go down the Hiwassee River.  Family fun, looks like.

Several days ago, I realized there is a bird's nest in the fern hanging by my front door.  Mama Wren flew out as I started watering it and kept yelling at me from a nearby perch.  Early this morning, I was outside watering potted plants and heard movement and chirping from within the plant - it was positively vibrating with life. Lovely.

14 comments:

Leonora said...

I can just imagine sitting by the river, hearing the sound of water lapping on the shore. So peaceful. The whole area that you photographed looks so beautiful.

Louvregirl said...

Hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing time of it, Lynn!

Elephant's Child said...

Love that gate's shadow.
And yay for mama wren's family. Big smiles. Big, big smiles.

sage said...

The iPhone takes great photos and that area of the mountains is so beautiful

Kay G. said...

Wow, you are so lucky to have relatives in Hiawassee! Lovely photos! And we have had wrens in a hanging basket too. We found we could still water it, just water around the next and not too heavily. It worked out for the plant AND the birds!

Lady Fi said...

Lovely and peaceful surroundings!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - wonderful you can visit your sister's farm area, then too have the delights of your home around you ... gorgeous views to see - cheers Hilary

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh so you are on holiday? Beautiful photos as always. It all looks so peaceful. I hope you are having a wonderful time.

Granny Annie said...

Your post reminds me of how lucky I am to live on a farm on the lake. I need to enjoy it more and take pictures but I'm too busy,

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Idyllic!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Looks like you're in the lush Shire country here...
Glad you got in some river visit. Congrats Grandma!

Riot Kitty said...

This looks so pretty and tranquil.

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely photos and how lovely to have the wren nesting so near your front door!

Sparkling Red said...

I feel all green, peaceful, and refreshed, just from looking at these photos. :-)