Friday, December 9, 2016

In the mist, cheerful and colorful

Four unrelated good things this week - going from gray to colorful:

The skyline of midtown Atlanta was lovely and mystical looking, as viewed from the parking deck of Georgia Public Broadcasting on volunteer night.  We had needed rain so badly and it was welcome when it came.

More gloomy sky, but loved the cheery scarecrow wearing Santa's hat.  Madison, Georgia, last Saturday.

It took all week, but I got my little tree up.  It's sitting on a draped crate so that it will have more presence.  :)  I decorated it a little at a time and finally finished yesterday.  Richie Bear was purchased at Rich's department store, in the mid-1980s, when it was still open.  And the cardboard Santa to the right was given to me by my kindergarten teacher, way back when.  

Coworker Bobby salvaged peppers and green tomatoes from his garden last night, since the temperature was dropping into the 20s (fahrenheit).  It's cold here in the south today.  I chose two red peppers that he swears won't be hot.  :)  It was astounding to see these garden baskets on this wintry day.

I hope your weekend is full of good things!

16 comments:

Louvregirl said...

Lynn! So love that you have that Santa from your kindergarten teacher :-D Thank you for sharing a glimpse of your colorful holiday world (at present.) It cheered me up. Karen :-) (Hugs, too!) ;-)

Louvregirl said...

We are staring down 4-8 inches of sn-sn-snow this weekend! Good for the holidays, I do suppose! ;-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Beautiful photos and a gorgeous little tree!

Elephant's Child said...

Love that you have kept Santa all these years. And the reflection of the lights on your tree is very special.
I hope your weekend is FULL of good things.

Fireblossom said...

These are all really wonderful pictures!

Lady Fi said...

Lovely mist shots!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - all so welcoming ... wonderful to see - love the sitting room, with your tree in situ ... brilliant all those memories - great you've kept the cardboard Santa - fun to see ... lovely and those bright red chilli peppers ... bet they're hot?! Enjoy and cheers Hilary

Granny Annie said...

Your post has put me in the holiday spirit. Maybe I will get out my decorations this year. Will you be making fried green tomatoes?

LL Cool Joe said...

Little tree?? It looks pretty big in this photo, and very beautiful. I've been putting all the decorations out slowly this year. I started early but just took my time rather than killing myself trying to get it all done in one day, and I must say I've enjoyed doing it a great deal more because of it.

I love the first photo with the all the mist and clouds. Very dramatic.

Lee said...

Great photos, Lynn. I'm not putting up a tree or decorations...I've not done so for years, but I will put bring out my golden paper mache reindeer who will take up his regular, annual spot on my coffee table.

He reigns over my Christmases these days, the dear! :)


Unknown said...

I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

Leonora said...

These are all great photos. The landscaping in the second photo is so pretty- even on a dreary day.
Your sweet has a wonderful "presence" : ) The cardboard Santa is extra dear. What a treasure!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Your tree looks lovely!

Riot Kitty said...

Thank you for the cheer!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That skyline was amazing, Lynn. Like you, we also have a small tree that we did not put up this year due to some travel plans that will take us through Christmas. The Rich's bear and cardboard Santa add to your holiday decorations and nice that they hold such memories as well.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Mist is pretty there. Nice job on those decs!
Looks warmer than here-