Friday, January 13, 2017

Wolf Moon, fun and all good things are wild and free

This is a rush hour photo of my suburb of Atlanta, where Burger is King and there are many cars and power lines.  I still love it, in spite of all that.  The rising moon was gorgeous and that was what this photo was meant to be all about - the January full moon, known as the Wolf Moon.  According to the Farmer's Almanac:

"Amid the cold and deep snows of midwinter, the wolf packs howled hungrily outside Indian villages. Thus, the name for January’s full moon. Sometimes it was also referred to as the Old Moon, or the Moon After Yule. Some called it the Full Snow Moon, but most tribes applied that name to the next moon."

Can you see that claw hand sticking out of my pen and pencil cup there?  (My home office desk.)  This put me a little in mind of said Wolf.  It's actually a back scratcher that was in my Christmas stocking - it's fun, but a little scary looking.  (We have a lot of fun with those stockings.)  :) 

And speaking of this past Christmas - I always buy a little gift for myself when I'm shopping for family and friends.  I just had to get this t-shirt - I love it.

May all Good Things come to you this weekend, my friends!

16 comments:

sage said...

Great shot of the moon! All good stuff

LL Cool Joe said...

That t-shirt is so you! Great gift. So have you used the back scratcher yet? I often see long handed ones in Dollar tree and think should I buy one but then realise that my back rarely itches. :D

Louvregirl said...

Thank you Lynn! I loved seeing your desk. Karen :)

Elephant's Child said...

Love that t-shirt. And the moon.
And the back scratcher. I envy LL Cool Joe. My back often itches.

Kay G. said...

Several of my co workers showed me photos of the moon from different parking lots and they also looked very much like your photo! Did you see Venus? It is very bright, in the southwest sky, I believe, you see it just after dusk.
Love your t shirt.

Haddock said...

Those back scratchers come in handy at times.

Adam said...

I would travel to Atlanta more often but the roads are crazy there.

Granny Annie said...

If I had seen that T-shirt I would have had to get it for you. Glad I didn't because I am broke. LOL

Snaggle Tooth said...

To get to see the moon on your way makes the getting out there worth it. Cute scratcher.
I have that long scratcher from the Dollar Tree n need it for hives sometimes! The shirt sure describes the blogger!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - I didn't know about the wolf moon ... and I can quite see why you enjoy this part of your drive across town. Wonderful back-scratcher ... now you'll be dreaming up stories about the wolf that comes by to scratch your back?! Fun T shirt - yes I'd happily have one of those ... cheers Hilary

Cloudia said...

May all good things find YOU, Lynn! :) Thanks

Crafty Green Poet said...

Great t-shirt and back scratcher! I love those names for each month's moon....

desk49 said...

A bowl of black eye peas
An angel hides her eye it seems
Not all things are wild and free
A back scratcher that could get mean
A wolf moon for our nightly screams


I know two post in one but I needed at least four lines

Lady Fi said...

Lovely T shirt and a great moon!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love that t-shirt and quote! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I'm a little late in reading this post, Lynn, and hope the you had a good weekend and that you wore that t-shirt gift to yourself. We should always treat ourselves!