Friday, February 24, 2017

They're heeere!, not camping and smile

The Girl Scout cookies arrived!  I couldn't say no to the delightful Brownie Scout who gave me such a good sales pitch.  (She had tried the new S'mores cookies at a troop meeting and liked them very much.)  I'm supposed to be on a diet, so took the S'mores cookies to my volunteer organization, but the Thin Mints are all mine.  Currently in the freezer at home - just waiting for a rainy day.  :)

Were any of you Scouts?  I was a Brownie Scout and went on to be a Girl Scout, finally dropping out when I was 12 years-old or so.  I hated camping and that's what did me in with the Scouts.  So when I saw the magnet on the lower left (that lives on my fridge at home), I laughed out loud and had to buy it.  

And I love that a fellow administrative volunteer at my volunteer organization always draws a smile on the back of envelopes that she mails to me.  I hope she does that for everyone.  It never fails to make me smile.

Could it finally be the weekend?  Halleujah!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friends.

16 comments:

Leonora said...

Haha! I love not camping, too : )
I hope you don't have to wait too long for a rainy day to break out the stash in your freezer!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I despise camping.

Granny Annie said...

I had to fight the crowd outside Walmart to get to the Girl Scout Cookie sales. LOL I got the Thin Mints, of course, then the Lemonade cookies and decided to try the S'Mores. Put two boxes in the freezer but decided to try the S'mores. Learned you should put the S'mores in the microwave for 15 seconds first then they are good. Did not care for them otherwise which is a good thing. They will last a longer time.

Yes, I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout. There is a big story in our family about the time I took a nap and nobody woke me up in time so I missed being in the Brownie Parade. Every time I get upset about anything, someone in my family will say, "It's the Brownie Parade all over again."

sage said...

I was a Boy Scout and I was the sales manager of my daughter's Girl Scout cookie efforts, years ago.

Adam said...

I actually never had a girl scout cookie

eileeninmd said...

Hello, It has been awhile since I have eaten girl scout cookies. I have a few favorites, along with the thin mints. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Louvregirl said...

" I'm supposed to be on a diet"

They need to make some gluten-free, low sugar, low sodium Girl Scout cookies....I know that they would go over very BIG!!!!!!

Louvregirl said...

Happy weekend to you, Lynn! We are having God-awful weather here; massive thunder storms last night...now, maybe some snow!

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm supposed to be on a diet too. It starts tomorrow. Sigh.

I used to enjoy camping as a teenager, but now, not so much. In fact not at all. Have a great weekend!

Lady Fi said...

The cookies look amazing.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - I was a girl guide for a while ... and went off to Wales to camp ... I managed - but now just give me a bed please! Actually our best days of camping were at home in the garden ... beautiful summer days and my father's old war camp bed ... happy days. Those thin mints look good .. enjoy the weekend - cheers Hilary

Snaggle Tooth said...

Yep was a scout all through school! My mom was the leader. Always will be friends with those girls. I want those cookies too!

G. B. Miller said...

I haven't bought cookies for years because our local troop(s) can't get any one to bake sugar free cookies anymore (ask around if yours doesn't have sugar-free to find out why, and they'll probably give you the same answer).

Crafty Green Poet said...

I was a Brownie and then a Girl Guide! i didn't particularly enjoy camping with the Girl Guides, but when I travelled in Botswana, I discovered luxury camping and that was quite nice! While in Zimbabwe, being surrounded by warthogs and monkeys in the campsite was very exciting!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

To answer your question, Lynn, I was never in scouting myself and don't know if there were any scout troops in my area. And, yes, I too would have saved the mint cookies for myself and shared the rest.

Lee said...

I was a Brownie and then a Girl Guide when I was a little girl. And my brother was a Cub and a Scout. Fun times.