Friday, June 23, 2017

Front door view, life is beautiful and belated

It seems as if the rain never stops lately.  Last evening, I opened the front door of my condo and just stood, thinking how beautiful it is.  One evening last week, during another downpour, the power went out around 5:45pm.  I took a sitting-up-nap on the sofa for about an hour, woke to see the power was still out, and ended up lighting candles and reading the book on my Kindle with candlelight flickering around.  It was quiet and peaceful and I was almost sorry when the power came back.  :)

But it was sunny last Saturday at the Greenway park.  I love these Oak Leaf Hydrangeas bordering the walkway.  My walking partners were busy, so I had a rare, solitary walk, listening to music, which I never mind at all.

Spotted on that walk:  they had repaved part of the sidewalk, after installing some drainage, and someone wrote in "Life is Beautiful". 

And my birthday was in February, but it was delightful to receive a gift bag from friend Barbara, who said she had had it all this time.  The spoon there on the right makes me think of my late mother, who loved teapots.  

I took a wee blogging break, but am back now.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

17 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - the rain must have been good for gardens etc ... and that peaceful evening - lovely to have and remember back on. Gorgeous goody bag for your birthday - have a good weekend - cheers Hilary

Louvregirl said...

Very nice tea pot spoon, Lynn! so good to see your blog!!!! Karen ;-)

Chatty Crone said...

Happy belated birthday - it is raining every night here in GA and we had tornado warnings here too. Love the life is beautiful etching. sandie

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for the serene beauty of this post. And a very happy belated birthday. Love your gifts.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Lynn, I like listening to the rain. But, I would really miss the power. I hope it was not out too long. You have cute gifts in your birthday gift. Happy belated birthday!
Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see your photographs ...
As with the others I too wish you many happy belated birthday wishes, your gifts do look nice.

All the best Jan

Kay G. said...

Like you, I enjoy hearing the rain...okay, that's enough now! HA!

Lady Fi said...

Lovely shots. Nature sure does like a good downpour. Enjoy your blog break.

Granny Annie said...

Glad your Kindle was charged when you had the power outage:-) How nice that the invader of the cement wrote such a lovely phrase and not curse words. Lovely gifts from Barbara. And, welcome back from you wee break:-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

How nice to get a belated birthday gift when least expected! Makes it seem extra special!

Leonora said...

Your front door view is beautiful and calming. The peaceful experience of your power outage makes me long for one myself : )

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely hydrangeas

Terry said...

I have an iPad which is similar to a kindle.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Your plants n flowers look very happy there! I'm a solitary walker all the time.I always enjoy it! Good for you. Bday gifts are good anytime! Especially thoughtful ones. Welcome back!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope you enjoyed your blog break, Lynn, as it's always good to take time to refresh. We also had a brief power failure here in Nashua last week and I was reading on our interior sun porch when it happened, Like you, I didn't mind at all since I had a nice breeze coming in and it was a beautiful day.

Louvregirl said...

Lynn, Your porch looks wonderfully inviting. And peaceful. :D

Lee said...

I love rain...rainy days and rainy night. A happy garden...happy person! :)