Friday, June 9, 2017

Sister time, sweetly singing and beautiful

My beloved baby sister came to visit last weekend.  This time last week I was making lunch for us while she sat on the kitchen stool and kept me company.  (Spring Onion Pie and Cucumber / Avocado salad.  Yum.)  I told her, "This time next week I'll be at work and thinking about how much I was enjoying this time." And so I am, so the least I can do is blog about it.

We both like this market in nearby Decatur, Georgia, whimsically named Kudzu.  I was salivating over the blue pots there on the right.  There was lots of shopping that afternoon and a visit to a candy store. 

While she paid for her purchases, which included a vintage board game, I let the car cool down and listened to the birds singing sweetly inside these beautiful crape myrtle trees, which border the parking lot.

We packed a lot into our two days, including the Virginia Highlands Summerfest on Saturday.  If you look closely, you can see the crowd of people goes on forever.  Lots of wonderful vendors and neither of us bought one thing, but we both enjoy people watching, and there was lots of that.

The main reason for the visit was to visit close friends, who have a new baby boy.  They are new parents, so it was sweet to see them interact with him, while listening closely to my sister's sage advice (as she rocked their wee one in her arms.)  I got a little choked up when she left on Sunday, but it was a beautiful visit.

15 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's true what they say: "Sisters are worth a thousand friends."

Elephant's Child said...

I am so glad that you have yet more precious memories to add to your store.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sounds like you had a great visit with your sister. The market and summerfest look like fun. Happy Saturday! Wishing you a happy weekend!

Granny Annie said...

I have had family visits the last four weekends. It has been so joyful especially since my daughter left my granddaughter to stay this past week. The weather has been great. My daughter taught me to make a wonderful breakfast. Toasted sourdough bread, avocado spread on top, add a little cajun seasoning and top with an over easy fried egg. Do you eat eggs Lynn? I can't remember.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased to read about your sister's visit, loved seeing your photographs.
I love the colour blue for pots, we also used to have a blue bird-bath.

All the best Jan

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - gosh sounds such a lovely visit - happy to be together, share and enjoy the laughter ... while the summer visits look so good. Can see why the store attracts you - and am glad you both made some purchases ... the Summerfest looks good too ... we're in full swing here. The Cape Myrtle trees look glorious too - love those almost wild trees that blossom furiously for us ... Spring onion pie, avocado and cucumber salad sounds delicious too .. cheers Hilary

Crafty Green Poet said...

I'm glad the visit went so well!

Lee said...

I can feel the love shared between your sister and you...so, so special. :)

Snaggle Tooth said...

Glad you got in such a fun visit n baby time! My lil' sis will be in Boston from Fl this week but I can't get out of work to visit. You are lucky to get those weekends off instead of required! I think I saw those same flowers around this week here, that's what they are!

H.R. Bennett said...

Looks like an absolute blast. I'm glad you had fun!

Chatty Crone said...

I love when I read beloved sister. They are aren't they? Looks like you had fun. Thank you for your comment - now I have your blog address again - I lost everything but I am up and running now. sandie

sage said...

Sounds like a good time!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I can understand how much you ebjoyed spending time with your sister. This weekend, I was also able to spend family time in our native NJ. In my case it was with my brother😊

Lady Fi said...

What a lovely visit. It's always sad to have to say good-bye to a sister (or brother).

Blogoratti said...

Family is everything. Lovely photos and greetings to you!