Friday, February 16, 2018

Good Things Happened: The Present, past and future

The owner of the printing company at which I've worked for 10 years has hobby printing presses in the basement of his home and loves to print items using the letterpress technique.  The lovely thought on the card pictured above was something he printed and has been propped on a file cabinet outside my cubicle for a couple of years.  I asked him if I could have it, when I was packing up my stuff on my last day there on Wednesday.  

A printing company down the street bought the "book of business" and four of us have moved with it, beginning yesterday.  (Yet another first day - oh my - but it was fine.)  I was a two-cubicle girl at the old place.  This was my account manager cube, all cleaned out.  I took the chair with me (with permission, of course.)

Bruce and Kathy opened the business in 1981.  He had already been in the printing business for 14 years.  They are retiring, but will spend the next couple of months finalizing the closing of the business, where 51,216 printing jobs were processed.  It's bittersweet, but we are all beginning a new chapter in our lives as we celebrate The Present.

Have a lovely weekend, y'all!

12 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Best wishes and good luck at the new company! I'd have taken that chair too -- it looks comfy.

Louvregirl said...

Wow Lynn. That's pretty major. Best wishes for you with the new owners/company!!! Karen

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - that's fascinating to be part of a discernible past, yet to know you have a foreseeable future, while enjoying the present turn of events - good luck to one and all - cheers Hilary

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While leaving the past can sometimes be a bittersweet experience, it sounds as if you had many memorable times at your former position. Wishing you all the best on your new job, Lynn.

Chatty Crone said...

Lynne I wish you the best of luck and good wishes!!!!!!!!!!!

Granny Annie said...

I cannot wish anything but happiness for you as you confront this change. Hope the new owners respect you as much as the previous ones. That would make it a real "present".

G. B. Miller said...

Sorry to hear that your previous owner decided to ride off into the sunset, but glad to hear that you're gainfully employed again with no loss of time.

Crafty Green Poet said...

hope your time with the new company goes well

Lee said...

It must be bittersweet..but, as you say...it is a new chapter...a new adventure. I'm you will grab it with both hands and enjoy! :)

If not, you can always meet me at the rock! ;)

Lady Fi said...

Lovely card! What a bittersweet change.

Snaggle Tooth said...

I have always recited that quote to folks over the years! Hope your ex-bosses have a wonderful retirement, Glad you got to move into the new business n hope it works out well for you!

Leonora said...

A new beginning! Yes, the word "bittersweet" is apropos. I wish your previous owners a happy retirement and I wish you much happiness with the new company!