Friday, February 23, 2018

Good Things Happened - Saturday in the park

Friend Laura and I had just finished our walk at Mountain Park Park last Saturday, when her friend who fosters dogs stopped to chat.  I looked down and one of them was standing at attention on his hind legs, without moving.  "He wants to be petted." she said.  And so we did.

A little boy was hanging out with his father, waiting for the ball field to open.  I smiled at the wee one on my first pass by.  On our second pass, he approached and said he had picked this bloom for me. 

It's been gloomy here for days (and strangely warm), so that's why this photo from the drive thru at Starbucks isn't more bright than it is.  The cherry trees are blooming already!

Here's something not to be gloomy about - it's Friday!  Yay.  I hope your weekend is amazing, my friends.

16 comments:

Lee said...

Oh....that dog is absolutely beautiful! He is lovely and just would have to be petted and patted. He is irresistible! Love him! :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a cute dog. I want to pet this cutie too. WOW, pretty blossoms. You are far ahead of us here, no signs of spring yet. Have a happy day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You have admirers wherever you go!

Fireblossom said...

What a cutie pup!!!

LL Cool Joe said...

That first photo is a classic, and I'm not into dogs, but he sure looks cute.

Chatty Crone said...

Well you had a nice day in the park. So we are having summer here in winter. All the trees are in bloom - I hope winter is gone and the ground hog was wrong! sandie

Leonora said...

Your post title has caused the Chicago song "Saturday in the Park" to roll through my head. : )
I was worried our flowering trees would bloom here, too, and then be hit with frost. I think we're safe so far. But those mild days were a treat!

Granny Annie said...

Beautiful post. I love the pup awaiting a pet. I love the little boy returning your smile with a little flower. Children appreciate the least bit of kindness.

Lynn said...

Granny Annie - I gave him a hug (with his dad's permission.) There was someone about this wee one that made me think he needed that.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - have a lovely weekend ... and what delightful pictures ... and of knowing about the small boy and his flower for you ... cheers - I'm looking forward to seeing our cherry trees come out ... Hilary

Lady Fi said...

Awww - that dog is adorable! And blossoms already! (We're drowning in snow...)

Snaggle Tooth said...

Who could not pet that cute doggie? Fostering has it's perks! The home-owner here has placed 20 dogs since last April! Most are very lovable! Nice a youngster thought to give you a flower! Can't believe your trees are blooming already! We are not there yet!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a sweet dog!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

First time I have ever seen a dog wait so patiently for a pat on the head. we don't have any early blooms yet.

Scarlet said...

Some of my favorite things...an adorable puppy, hot coffee and blooming trees! Miss your posts, my friend...and Blogger since I haven't figured out how to get here as quickly as I used to (before WP). I need to get with the program. lol

Scarlet said...

PS - Here's where I am now: https://ileanaprosperholman.com/2018/03/08/drawing-later-years/