Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Beanstalk, kindness, giddiness



- My mother always uses a word for the kind of plant that took up in my pot, it is a "volunteer." I decided to let it be, water it and just let it grow, but it seems to have reached its full height. I think it looks like something Jack might have climbed up.

- The elderly man I see at different times of the day walking slowly up and down the road where my office is. He has long gray hair pulled back in a ponytail, wears a bucket hat, tweed jacket, shorts and sneakers. Hands in pockets, he seems to be in deep thought. A co-worker told me they refer to him as "Slow Walker" and added that the business next door allows him to live in the back of the warehouse. I'll bet he has a great story.

- My father's happiness and relief that the results of his scary test were good. He was told he had the bone marrow of a 50-year-old. He said, "Now if I just had some hair, I'd be dangerous!"

No comments: