Thursday, September 15, 2011

Foggy morning, protector and in the crate

It's Random Photo Thursday...there are three of them today.

- The Hiawassee River on a foggy morning. I put this one first so I can pull it up and look at it a lot today. So peaceful.

- My sister and brother-in-law's dog Moby when he was still kind of a pup. I only see him once a month, but we are pals. He has a ferocious bark and when I drove up last visit, he ran around the house with his gruff bark. I opened my car door, stuck my head out, and said, "It's Aunt Lynn!" He immediately came over and put his head under my hand for petting. But when my sis came out, he realized he had forgotten his job as protector of the family, backed up and started barking again. :)

- A client's baby, who had crawled into the family dog's crate. Such a change from my first visit, when she was a newborn - I was presented with the giant pump bottle of hand sanitizer and had already been asked to remove my shoes outside the front door (which I gamely did.) Oh how times have changed. :)

12 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Wow, nothing like the dog catching himself red-handed. :D

Granny Annie said...

There is something about fog that entices us to ponder what's going on that we cannot see.

We visit friends and always know when they are NOT at home because the dogs just ignore us. If the owners are home the dogs get up and run around barking to make the owners think they do that all the time.

The once sanitized baby now in the dog crate. That is just too absolutely funny!

LL Cool Joe said...

That last photo is a classic! :D

Any dogs scare me! I would not have got out of that car until the dog, however cute, was on a lead and well away from me!

happygirl said...

DOG GERMS!, now she has,DOG GERMS. I couldn't help but think of Lucy of Peanuts when I read the comment for this adorable pic. :)

Louvregirl said...

Like the photo of the baby in the crate...how cute is that? (I'm also relieved that it was 'clean' inside.)
:-)

Jannie Funster said...

Oh, so funny about the poochie remembering to bark. :) I wonder if he will get familiar with the look and sound of Auntie Lynn's car, and stop barking even before you get out.

One cute growing baby too. Bright as a button she looks. I'll say from sterilized rooms to a dog crate is quite a switch! :) Build up them immunities, I say!

Please send fog! :)

xoxo

Lynn said...

G -

I know, right? :)

Granny Annie -

I like that musing on fog...

How funny about those dogs. I was thinking, too, that my sister started yelling at him to stop barking and he might have thought she was yelling at him to bark more. :)

Yes - it's a new day over there. :)

Joe -

Another thing that happened with Moby - he rushed up to my niece's car one night and she hit him. He ran and hid in the woods and they couldn't find him. My sister went out in the golf cart the next morning and he came out when she called him - his head was cut up. He's been a little unusual acting ever since.

happygirl -

Dog germs! You're right. Hee hehe.

lg -

Yes - he's a tidy dog. :)

Jannie -

No - we go through that every time, pretty much.

She is bright as a button. She likes it when I come over. And she obliged me by posing in the crate until I fetched my camera. :)

Fireblossom said...

LOL @ Moby forgetting to be scary!

Riot Kitty said...

Both of them are so cute! Love that he knows your name, too.

Lynn said...

FB -

I know - he's a great dog, too.

Riot Kitty -

He does know my name - I am quite sure he thinks of me as Aunt Lynn. :)

Snaggle Tooth said...

How did I miss this post n these awsome pics? Better late than never- n that last one is fantastic!

Lynn said...

Snaggle -

I'm glad you saw it - I enjoyed putting it together. :)