Friday, April 18, 2014

Almost like a painting, reflection and colorful

- Such a serene spot, and for it me it always signals that my walk at the park near work is 3/4 done.  It almost looks like a painting, I think.  And there is a marked difference from a photo taken in the same spot almost a month ago.

- You would have to click to enlarge to really see that house across the creek.  I like that it is reflected in the creek below.  I do not remember seeing this house on previous walks in the park and think that it is either new or growth has been cleared from around it.  They sure have a great view from those back windows.

- A Maundy Thursday service in a friend's home.  Everyone brought food for the dinner before and the highlight was truly this wonderful colorful Easter cake that friend Mary and her 6-year-old daughter Isabella made.  Bella was so excited about cutting it to show the layers of color inside.  And it was delicious.

I hope that you are well and happy today.  Have a lovely weekend!

15 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Ahhh, that cake looks wonderful! How much fun for Isabella.

Maybe aliens planted that house there overnight? :)

xooxox

Lynn said...

Jannie -

Hello Jannie Muffin! I think that might have happened - the alien planting. :)

And her mom said the batter was separated out and each bowl of batter was given separate coloring, then poured on top of each other, making layered colors. So cute!

ooxxoxo

Betty Manousos said...

love me some cake!

those views are wonderful and serene.
great photos.

hope you have a very happy easter!

big hugs~

Elephant's Child said...

Your photo/painting is very like a painting which hangs in my bedroom. I went into an art gallery to stay warm on a work trip, saw the painting and fell in love.
The cake looks exceptional too.
Have a great weekend.

Sparkling Red said...

What a great cake! I love the Easter colour palette.

Riot Kitty said...

I would be better, methinks, if I could eat that cake ;)

Susan Kane said...

It does look like a painting...wish I could be there, as well.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - interesting seeing the two photos and how nature has changed the painting for you .. the house is superbly positioned ..

While the cake - looks so good!

Happy Easter - Hilary

Joanne said...

Such beautiful and relaxing sceneries! Plus that cake is pretty gorgeous as well!

Lee said...

What an exquisite, beautiful creek. How serene and peaceful it seems...and must be.

That cakes looks pretty good, too!

A safe and Happy Easter to you and yours, Lynn...best wishes. :)

Granny Annie said...

Isn't it wonderful to suddenly be embraced by so much beautiful green forest and creeks then to top it off with colorful cake?

Sara said...

You should that top picture, enlarge and get it framed. It really a pretty picture. The difference between the one you took earlier is pretty amazing. When Spring decides to show her colors, she does it well. I loved many shades of green:~)

The cake does look yummy and like a giant Easter egg:~)

Happy Easter, Lynn!

Lynn said...

Betty -

I love me some cake, too. It was tasty.

Hugs to you!

Elephant's Child -

Isn't that just the best kind of art find? The unexpected kind. I'll bet it's wonderful.

Sparkling Red -

She and her mom do fun things like that. So cute.

Riot Kitty -

Wish you could have been there!

Susan -

Same as above - wish you could have been there!

Lynn said...

Hilary -

It's astounding what nature can do in a few short weeks. The popping out of all the green makes me so happy. :)

Joanne -

That cake is just pure fun!

Lee -

Happy Easter to you! Loved your Easter post. :)

Granny Annie -

And even more wonderful to have you stop by!

Sara -

I should do that - there are a couple of photos I've meant to have framed.

Snaggle Tooth said...

cool cake!