Friday, April 25, 2014

Presiding, framed and all ready

Some fellow church members and I spent a pleasant Saturday morning readying the church sanctuary for Easter morning services.  I took a few photos - the first two are from the many trips back and forth bringing Easter lilies from their holding area down the way from the sanctuary.

- This dogwood presides over the church courtyard, where receptions and such are held.  It's also a good place to just sit and be.  Taken through a hallway window.

 - This pink dogwood is beautifully framed in this window at a stairwell.  The church has a preschool and you can spot some of their play equipment there in the lower left.

- There it is - all ready for Easter morning.  We stood back and admired our work.  The lily pictured in my Sunday post was a reject - what I call a "leaner."  But for a reject - it sure has been pretty sitting outside my front door and I love seeing its blooms when I drive up in the evening.

And here it is the weekend again!  Yahoo!  Hope your weekend is spectacular, my friends. 

12 comments:

TALON said...

I love dogwoods. It will be awhile before our blooms, but I love when it suddenly gets its Sunday finery on. :) Beautiful shots, Lynn! Hope you have a beautiful weekend.

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful. And all those lilies would have smelt amazing too.

Susan Kane said...

It was an amazingly beautiful altar!
How blessed you are to have dogwoods blooming in your part of the country.

Riot Kitty said...

That looks gorgeous!

LL Cool Joe said...

How could anyone reject a lilly? The church looks beautiful.

Have a great weekend Lynn.

Sparkling Red said...

Lovely. It's so nice to see all the greenery. The trees in my area are just starting to unfurl their buds. It'll probably be a week or two before we have actual leaves here.

Leonora said...

Beautiful landscaping! The church and courtyard are very inviting.

Louvregirl said...

The (white) dogwood is stunning. The altar is awe inspiring. (Thank you for that shot, Lynn!)

Here's to our (new) week!
lg :-)

Granny Annie said...

Your church is a beautiful one. It appears to be set in the perfect place to view nature. You did a great job arranging the lilies. Our pastor too was surrounded on Easter Sunday and while I contributed a lily in memory of Ron I missed the sight by my absence.

Jannie Funster said...

those pix are wow, wow, wow, and wow for me!

Rhonda makes me think she is setting out floral treats, kind of like Halloween candy, with flowers as eye candy treats.

And funny speaking of flowers,)my hour today -- the child and I now have over a whole hour together after school until gymnastics starts, new schedule -- is going to Lowe's to see what they have for 6-pack impatiens. MWF are her days to choose where we go. And Tu-Th are my days, so flowers today. And now that I know which pots out front the deer can't get to (due to them not liking to walk up and down the tiles steps, I assume...) I shall have a robust entryway container garden too! :)

Happy May.

xooxoxoxox

Snaggle Tooth said...

Beautiful at your church!
Hope your holiday was fun. All I did for Easter was read the Easter gospels this year before work. I think I should get holidays off again sometime-
You're lucky your job fives you week-ends off.

Snaggle Tooth said...

ha ha GIVES!