Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Pilgrimage, pumpkin wreath and naughty and nice

- Friend Barb G and I ventured out on a rainy Saturday morning to our annual pilgrimage to Madison, Georgia for the tour of homes.  This house wasn't on the tour, but I loved the back garden gate with its simple wreath.

- So often photos aren't allowed on the tour, but this homeowner graciously allowed this one of a pumpkin (or maybe it's a gourd) in a wreath.  This was her back porch.  I told her I would like to do something like that, too, next fall.

- Barb and I agreed that we wouldn't do Christmas gifts for each other, but I found this necklace wrapped for me later.  She said it was so me, that she just had to get it for me.  :)

11 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn .. what a lovely tradition to visit Madison and their decorated homes .. Also a lovely little 'story' of Santa ... and I can quite understand - when you see something that's perfect for someone else - it's difficult to resist ...

Cheers Hilary

PS - see my Paddington post re how to get rid of the WV we've all been getting ..

Elephant's Child said...

What a delightful day - thank you for taking us along.
Re the WV thingie? Changing to embedded comments stops it or you can just ignore the captcha and hit publish.

Lee said...

A nice way to spend a rainy morning...and we reap the benefits, too, through your photos. Thanks Lynn. :)

Riot Kitty said...

Ha! I love the necklace. The pumpkin wreath is very nice too!

Lynn said...

Hilary -

Thank you - it took a bit to figure it out, because I had Word Verification off.

Elephant's Child -

It was a delightful day. Thank you - I thought at first the WV thing was appearing only to me. :)

Lee -

Thank you - I always feel the same when I visit your blog, too. I am behind, but will be there soon.

Riot Kitty -

I thought you would like it. :) I asked if I could photograph the pumpkin wreath, so that I could borrow it for myself next year.

Sara said...

I loved the gift and the saying!!! The house with the simple wreath is interesting. It looks like it gets a lot of light, which must be nice right now. The pumpkin/gourd wreath is pretty. It looks fun was had by all that day:~)

Leonora said...

The necklace is priceless! Who thinks of these things?!
I enjoy home tours. It's the voyeur in me... : )

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha love the necklace, so will you wear it?

I've never been on a home tour but it looks interesting.

Stephanie Faris said...

I've never participated in one of those tour of homes. These pictures make me want to!

Joanne said...

That necklace is adorable! And I do love that pumpkin-wreath combo!

Linda said...

Love the simple wreath on the gate, too. Plus that house has very interesting windows. Like the overall design. That necklace speaks volumes in a few words.