Tuesday, November 22, 2016

It was a blustery day, gamely blooming and golden leaf

It was a blustery day and time for a walk. While I waited at the park for my friend to arrive, I thought about the lyrics to a favorite children's song, "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day":

Oh the wind is lashing lustily
And the trees are thrashing thrustily
And the leaves are rustling gustily
So it's rather safe to say
That it seems that it may turn out to be
It feels that it will undoubtedly
It looks like a rather blustery day, today
It sounds that it may turn out to be
Feels that it will undoubtedly
Looks like a rather blustery day today

The ball fields were oddly empty.  No one was at the tennis courts either.  But those flaming trees sure were beautiful.

The day was so blustery that I gave up on trying to wrangle leaves at home.  This plant is still gamely blooming - even I couldn't kill it.  :) 

And this beautiful maple leaf landed perfectly in this pot on the back porch.  Love its gold, tinged with red.

It is our Thanksgiving holiday this Thursday in the United States.  There is much to be thankful for.  Thank you for your friendship - I love that you come by. 

16 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm in AZ at the moment and there is very little sign of Autumn here, although we did have a thunderstorm yesterday, but it was still t-shirt weather!

But very soon I will be returning to all the joys of fallen leaves and dying blooms. Love your photos, the trees look beautiful.

MarmePurl said...

I rather enjoy a blustery (short) walk. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Louvregirl said...

Lynn! Lovely photos! My, your weather looks warm there! Where do you go for Thanksgiving? Sending you joy!

Karen :-)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - lovely park to walk in and yes the trees are a delight at this time of year, particularly when the sun is out ... and summarily warming through the branches ...

Enjoy Thanksgiving - and here's to the leaves ... life is resting, the earth will turn again and new leaves will spring forth after the winter dormancy ... cheers Hilary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What beautiful fall colours! Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Betty Manousos said...

happy thanksgiving! xoxo

Riot Kitty said...

Now that Winnie the Pooh song is in my head! Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you are well.

Lee said...

It's hot here...but two good things about this time of the year are the glorious jacarandas that are in full bloom and mangoes. It's mango season! Yum! :)

Leonora said...

I was thinking of Winnie The Pooh, too! Haha! "Happy Windsday, Pooh!"
And Happy Thanksgiving, Lynn! : )

G. B. Miller said...

I kind of like blustery days. Takes me back to my childhood where things were much simpler. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Father Nature's Corner

Snaggle Tooth said...

Your sights are so beautiful in this post!

Have a great holiday!

sage said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Down here, we don't get much color and sadly, of the trees that do turn, so many of them lost leaves during the hurricane that there aren't very many leaves to be cover the ground. Walking on leaves is a favorite thing to do in the fall.

Granny Annie said...

Lynn this post is awe inspiring. Love the Winnie The Pooh blustery day. Our leaves are turning but so late they are falling faster than they can be photographed. Hope your Thanksgiving was special and warm.

Lady Fi said...

What gorgeous red leaves!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Stopping by a bit late for Thanksgiving wishes,Lynn, but wanted to tell you I enjoyed the images in this post. Blustery days are good for many things, especially leaves blowing around and in expected places too.

Sara said...

I could've sworn I left a comment. I just stopped by to say "hi." I know its been ages:~)

This post is beautiful. I loved the pictures and the swings around the firepit.

Hopefully this isn't a duplicate comment:~)