Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Just breathe, pink haze and have a good week

This is by no means the best photograph of the super moon from November 14 (taken with iPhone 6 and a little grainy), but it represents my view, as I stood in the street of my neighborhood after a challenging week and just breathed.

I could still see that same beautiful moon this morning - the internet tells me that occurs because it's really the sun's light reflecting off of the moon's surface.  It was off to the right here, but I wasn't able to get a photo of it (don't worry - I was at a complete stop.)  I did get the hazy, pink glow over the skyline of midtown Atlanta (here on I-85 south).  The haze is from smoke blowing in from wildfires in northern Georgia and western North Carolina - not a good thing at all, but it did make the skyline look mystic.

I hope you have a good week.  Hugs!

16 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - full of grey cloud here ... all your fault - you sent it over!! Wonderful photo though ... I've seen the moon rise over the Channel when I've driven down into Eastbourne .. that was amazing ... really huge and creamy colour (Cornish cream coloured!) ... everyone's raving about the moon - something else to think about .. cheers Hilary

LL Cool Joe said...

Sadly it was too cloudy here in the UK to see the moon at all. I love both your photos. The pink haze in the second shot is kinda beautiful.

Lynn said...

Hilary -

It is something else to think about. I am rattled over the events of this past week. Just trying to breathe.

It is amazing that smoke has been all over our area for days and we are not that close to the fires. Scary thing, that.

Lynn said...

Thanks, Joe!

Granny Annie said...

Great pictures. It was great as it first started to rise then the clouds overtook it. Still lovely.

Adam said...

I saw the haze yesterday here in SC. I can't imagine how life must be for those in NC

Elephant's Child said...

We had cloud too.
Sadly, I am all too familiar with the impact of smoke on sunrises and sunset. Beautiful - and deadly.
Have a wonderful week.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Beautiful sky and moon shot. I was able to see the moon the day before and the day after the super moon. It still looked huge. I hope that fire is out now. Have a happy day!

Louvregirl said...

Hugs back! I liked the moon shot quite a bit! ;-)

Kay G. said...

Oh, honey, I LOVE your moon photo, are you kidding me? It is GREAT!
And that smoke...today, the wind shifted and we didn't have it, but they promise us it will be back tomorrow. I pray for some hard rain to put out those fires!

Lady Fi said...

Oo - lovel the cloudy moon shot!

Crafty Green Poet said...

I really like that first photo, very atmospheric! We missed the supermoon here - too much cloud!

Louvregirl said...

Lynn, Added that super easy Mexican hot chocolate recipe for you :-) It is to 'die' for...I think it's good for you, too! ;-)

Snaggle Tooth said...

I decided other folks would have way better moon pics n I was right! It was a wonder to behold- your pic is good- n getting to see it on person is better- Have a good get ready week-!

sage said...

Nice moon shot. We have that smoke down there, too.

C.George said...

The pics are beautiful!