Friday, October 17, 2014

Monthly celebrations, help yourself and gaudy as I can be

- The operations manager at my workplace always posts these fun "Celebration" days.  Click to enlarge. 

- So note that October 14 was "National  Dessert Day" and someone was inspired to put a "Help Yourself" bag full of Salted Caramel Moon Pies out to share.  I wish I had taken a photo of that last pie I found inside the bag before I devoured it. 

- Today (October 17) is "Wear Something Gaudy Day" - so getting into the spirit, I am wearing these socks to work today.  They are about the gaudiest thing I own.  :)  And what makes this doubly a good thing was the laugh I got from photographing my left foot propped on the futon in my home office. 

Whatever you do today, just celebrate it.  Have a great weekend, my friends!

12 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

For me, every month is sarcastic month ;)

Granny Annie said...

What a wonderful idea!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - what a fun idea from a boss ... and I love your socks - I own nothing as gaudy as those! Fun idea for the dessert too ... but tomorrow I see is Evaluate Your Life Day - could be a tough day?! Cheers Hilary

Anonymous said...

What a fun boss you must have! Love your socks.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I couldn't make the list bigger....Drat! Love your socks, my dear!
Salt and sweet---especially Salt and Chocolate seems to be the big thing these days....And what little I have had has been quite wonderful!
McConnels Ice Cream...(California Company) makes something called Salted Caramel Chips. Oh My Lordy!
The Chips are Chocolate and I am now addicted to this Icc Cream, Big Time!!!

TALON said...

That's a neat and inventive way to enlivenment the day-to-day at work. :) And I love the ladybug socks, Lynn! Hope your weekend is fabulous!

Sparkling Red said...

I like Babbling Day. And Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day.

Joanne said...

Salted caramel moon pies?! Now those sound like something I NEED.

Joanne said...

Salted caramel moon pies?! Now those sound like something I NEED.

Joanne said...

Salted caramel moon pies?! Now those sound like something I NEED.

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha I wear something gaudy every day! Love your socks.

I would have devoured the pie too, and then thought "Opps I should have taken a photo of that!"

Lee said...

Now I'm just going to have to go and make my lunch...I've been putting it off...now I'm hungry....I'm feeling.....weeeeeaaaaaak! :)