Friday, August 19, 2016

Peace and quiet, fits right in and good things

- During our recent trip to the mountains, my sisters and I wanted to visit Smoke in the Mountains Pottery.  We love Rob Withrow's pottery.  We traveled up some winding roads to find his studio and there it was (his kilns are pictured here.)  He greeted us, along with a couple of amiable dogs, and showed us around.  I can't imagine how hot those kilns must get when they are firing.

- Having put myself on pottery restriction, I vowed to just admire the things my sisters were purchasing.  My place is full of pottery already and I own several of Rob's neat coffee mugs.  But he insisted on giving me this spoon rest, saying "You need something, too!"  Such a nice man.  Here it is on my stove - it fit right in.

 - I can't even remember where I spotted this clump of flowers - daisies?  I like their ruffled look.  I just thought they were beautiful and that's always a Good Thing.  :)

Thank you for coming by!  Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Cloudia said...

Thank you for sharing these homey Summer treasures!

Elephant's Child said...

The spoon rest is lovely. As is its creator. That was such a generous gift. Love the flowers too.

Jannie Funster said...

Pottery restriction... :) :)

Everybody needs a spoon rest!! And especially in a design they love.

I think at least 1800 degrees for those kilns? But I may be off a bit.

xooxoxoxo

Lady Fi said...

So lovely! What a charming place.

Granny Annie said...

A spoon rest and ruffled flowers. Good things for a good person:-)

Kay G. said...

I am thinking zinnias, I could be wrong! :-)

Sparkling Red said...

That's the prettiest spoon rest I've ever seen. And now it's also a reminder of a thoughtful moment. :-)

Leonora said...

What a kind and generous potter Mr. Withrow is!

I think your flowers are zinnias. I've never seen them all in one color before, but that's what they look like to me.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Smoke in the Mountains Pottery - what a delight ... and so thoughtful of him ..

Your flowers are such fun - not sure what they are ... love the colour though ...

Wonderful trip you had - cheers Hilary

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a lovely spoon rest!