Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sister time, rambling around and view at the end

 - The side of the house view from my sister's vacation home in the Nantahala Forest in western North Carolina.  I think of that view all the time when I'm not there and can hear the gentle rushing of the river when I close my eyes.

- The three of us had a lovely time rambling around.  This was a shop porch in nearby Blairsville, Georgia.  I had a quiet moment while sisters were still shopping inside.  The owner had a lovely, big black dog who was very shy.  She said he had wandered up to her home and they never did find his owner.  He's got a great home now.

- This young man is a teacher at the local high school in Clay County, North Carolina.  He and his students grow vegetables and fruit and sell it at the farmers' market on Thursday evenings.  I got one of the $3 watermelons to take home.

- The view from the road, as you round the bend, when leaving the mountain neighborhood where the house is.  We were on our way to a final breakfast out together on Sunday morning before going three separate ways - Georgia, Florida and Virginia.  Can't wait until next year!

12 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely views in the first and last photos.

I like the idea of the school class selling fruit and veg at the farmers market

Elephant's Child said...

It looks a truly beautiful place. With truly beautiful memories to match.

Louvregirl said...

Leaving the mountains can be sad.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Despite the short time, it seems like it was well spent, Lynn.

Lady Fi said...

What a beautiful place to spend some quality time in!

Leonora said...

I enjoy seeing the things you three sisters do together. It's wonderful that you make a point to gather every so often.

LL Cool Joe said...

It must be hard to leave all this behind. I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with your sisters.

Blogoratti said...

Looks like a really serene environment. Warm greetings!

Kay G. said...

Oh, those vegetables on that table AND a $3.00 watermelon? Wonderful!

Snaggle Tooth said...

wow good watermelon price- I eat alot of it-

Stay cool- I hear it is pretty hot!
Great pics!

lotta joy said...

Here from EC's blog. It's so nice to see Georgia, and a vegetable stand. In Florida, nothing grows in sand.

Granny Annie said...

Your first photo looks exactly like the favorite fishing spot Ron and I shared. I must go and take a picture to show you! Rescue dogs are the very best and outdoor markets are perfection. Great post.