Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hubba hubba, latest obsession and sentimental value

- I forgot to take my own shopping bag in to Whole Paycheck Whole Foods last night and was amused by the expression of excitement, "hubba hubba" that they put on the bag.  If you click on the link, there is a good article about the origin and meaning of hubba hubba.  And I did grab a whole bunch of healthy - my sister is coming to town on Thursday evening to spend the weekend with me.  I'm making Peanut Chicken Stew - a Southern Living recipe that starts with a sweet potato broth that you make yourself.

- Speaking of recycling (yes, I'll recycle that bag) - my two and a half-year-old great nephew, Monroe, loves his present I got him for Christmas.  A Green Toys rocket made from 100% recycled plastic milk jugs.  His mother sent a text the other night saying he is "OBSESSED" with the astronauts that go inside it and plays with them all the time.  I reply that if he turns out to be an astronaut, I'm totally taking credit.

- My other reason for going to Whole Foods was to check the lost and found for my lost black glove.  Those gloves were a gift from my late parents several years ago and I loved them because they were a longer length and kept my lower arms warm, too.  That's why they chose them - because I'm always having to scrape ice off my windshield and they wanted me to be warm.  There were all manner of black gloves at the Whole Foods lost and found, but not mine.  I have two more places to check, but I'm thinking it's gone, so I ordered some that are similar.  The moral to this story is what makes it a good thing - I want to remember to never minimize the importance of a gift and what it might mean to someone.  It was the sentimental value more than anything.

12 comments:

Joanne said...

That Whole Foods bag is so fun!! And I'm sorry to hear about your glove. :( Fingers crossed that you find it at one of the other two places!

sage said...

Sorry about your glove... And I have also referred to Whole Foods (a lovely story) as Whole Paycheck. Have a great day!

Fireblossom said...

I love it that you know a budding astronaut!

Chatty Crone said...

Sorry about your black glove! I love Whole Foods!

Elephant's Child said...

Yay for a gift which could shape Monroe's future.
And fingers crossed that your glove comes home to you.

Leonora said...

I haven't heard the term "hubba hubba" in a long while. Maybe Whole Foods will bring it back into fashion.
I love the GreenToys website. It's new to me- thanks for mentioning them. I see some great ideas for gifts : )

LL Cool Joe said...

What a pain about your black glove.

Love the term hubba hubba. :D

Granny Annie said...

Needless to say Oklahoma has not caught on yet about our own grocery sacks. I have a few but keep forgetting to take them in the store with me. When they start charging me for their sacks like in California, then I will remember.

Monroe the astronaut...I can see it.

Sad, sad, sad about the lost glove. I know that sentimental attachment stuff. It's hard to get over.

Sara said...

The peanut chicken soup made my mouth water. What could be better with something with peanut butter in it AS WELL AS peanuts and I also the other ingredients.

Loved the bag!! I have to admit going into whole foods is a yummy experience. We also go to Trader Joe's. I love both of the stores:~)

That was a cool gift to give Monroe. BTW I love his name.

I hope you find the glove!! Sentimental value really does count, especially since they were from your parents. I agree about the importance of a gift.

It's a day early, but enjoy your weekend with your sister!

Snaggle Tooth said...

I believe I remember that expression from commercials in my youth, n also from the "Happy Days" Ron Howard show. That stew sounds great, n I have sweet potaoes on hand here. I eat them often. I re-use paper bags by letting Mischief demolish them after going in, then crushing to sleep on them for a few days.

Glad Monroe likes your gift so much. My 2 year old grandson years ago obsessed with the choo-choo I got him. He has since totally forgotten trains, but not me!

I am so careful with gloves, n barely lose them, except when in a hurry. Bet you keep the odd glove...

Lee said...

It would be great if you do find your lost glove. Some things do hold special places in our hearts.

Riot Kitty said...

That is a hilarious bag. I hope you find the glove. My favorite things are sentimental in value as well.