Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Unexpected view, the cookies are here and special gift

- Photo of the Georgia State Capitol building taken from a window inside Central Presbyterian Church (founded in 1858!) in Atlanta.  I was there for a meeting of the Presbytery of Greater Atlanta last Saturday.  As I was walking up a stairwell, I spotted the view of the capitol from a window.  The building was completed in 1889 and the dome was gilded with native gold leaf from Dahlonega, Georgia in 1958.  I think it's beautiful and always love seeing it from a distance from highways leading into Atlanta. 

- The Girl Scout cookies I bought from two sisters arrived with politely written thank you notes.  I loved that the elder sister completely sold me on the Thin Mints by suggesting I could put them in the freezer.

- Grannie Annie commented a few days ago, after reading my blog post about a book on CD, that she had some that she would send to me.  She emailed at the end of last week and said she was putting them in the mail via the "media mail" rate and couldn't imagine when they would arrive.  But they came on Monday!  It's always so delightful to get a parcel, isn't it?  And this parcel will provide endless hours of commuting entertainment.  Thanks Annie!

11 comments:

Lee said...

That's a glorious old building...one I hope is always preserved for future generations.

I wouldn't mind a couple of those cookies right now, actually. :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely view of the capitol building

Fireblossom said...

What a beautiful capitol building!

sage said...

It is Girl Scout cookie time! Where did they find the gold in 1958 for the capital, the gold rush in Dahlonega was 135 years or so earlier? I'd love to hear your take on the presbytery meeting.

Joanne said...

Your capitol building is beautiful! And ohhhhh Girl Scout cookies...I can't be trusted around them!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Nice view for a meeting. I love those Thin Mint cookies- I always eat them all, no freezing necessary. Choclatey mint n winter just go together well. That was so nice of Annie, She's a gem!

Jannie Funster said...

Wow, I love your table and sideboard!!

I think I would like to sleep on a bed of gold leaf sometime, just to see how it would feel. Even if for just a nap. :)

Our cookies should soon be here. Kelly ordered them from a friend at school, thought that was a really sweet gesture on her part to support a Scout friend.

xooxo

Jannie Funster said...

Oh, and yes, that was so sweet of Annie!!

Granny Annie said...

Hooray! I did not know the books would arrive that quickly Thank you for the shout out. Your dining room table and buffet are identical to the ones I had from my grandmother and gave to my daughter. Plus I had a lovely silver tea service that sat on my buffet for years that my daughter has also.

Granny Annie said...

Hooray! I did not know the books would arrive that quickly Thank you for the shout out. Your dining room table and buffet are identical to the ones I had from my grandmother and gave to my daughter. Plus I had a lovely silver tea service that sat on my buffet for years that my daughter has also.

Riot Kitty said...

Nom! I can't have any, but I can admire them. Meaning the cookies. I'm not planning to eat audiobooks.