Friday, October 30, 2015

Beside the front door, through the windshield and fun gift

- These mums graced the table of my Clan's tent at the Stone Mountain Highland games two weeks ago and they are still pretty beside my front door.  The fake pumpkin was purchased on sale one year at Rite Aid pharmacy after Halloween. 

- The majority of the turning leaves around here have already fallen due to all the rain we had during the last few days.  But these beauties were spotted on my commute home yesterday, taken through the windshield.  The late afternoon sun was hitting them just right.

- And I'm all ready for Halloween on Saturday night.  Last year two teenage girls knocked on my door for treats and that was it.  One of them didn't even have a candy bag - she just held her purse open.  :)   The fun plastic spiderweb bowl was given to me by a friend.  I love it.

This is a very orange post, isn't it?  I'm sad to see October come to a close - it just flew by.  But good things will happen in November, too - I just know it.  Have a great weekend, my friends!

11 comments:

Leonora said...

I love your cheery front door decor. I would still trick-or-treat if it wasn't socially awkward at my age.

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely orange colours...

Elephant's Child said...

Such a vibrant post.
Have a wonderful weekend.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the plant by your front door...It is Beautiful! And the leaves are very Beautiful, too.! That Spider Web Basket is just adorable! No one comes to my door anymore---not for years and years. I think the parents drive the kids down the Hill to the flats, where there are lots of houses and ALL in a row and much more accessible. It's fine with me. I ended up eating a lot of the candy myself...lol.....Now, I don't even bother to get any.
Hope you have a Happy Halloween, my dear, and a WONDERFUL November!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the autumn colours.

Betty Manousos said...

happy halloween!
xoxo

Lee said...

No one other than a possum came a-trick or a-treating at my door last night!

He/she received a treat, though. During the afternoon I'd tossed out onto my patio area a peach that was a little over-ripe, knowing something would discover it...either a bird or a possum.

I'd say the possum was playing possum up high in the nearby trees until darkness fell, and then when all was quiet swooped down to enjoy the treat. I heard it out there...as did Remy and Shama, my two furry rascals; so the three of us got up to have a look...and there was the possum. We three looking at it, and it looking back at us through the screen door! :)

Then we left it in peace to enjoy its peach.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - my mother loved these autumnal colours - mind you her birthday was in October. Love the spider web bowl .. fun ... cheers Hilary

Sparkling Red said...

Too bad you didn't get more trick-or-treaters! If you lived closer I'd invite you over to my place to hand out candy. We get around 100 kids every year. It's a lot of jumping up to answer the door, but it's worth it for the fun costumes and happy, excited kiddies.

Riot Kitty said...

Lovely fall pics!

Snaggle Tooth said...

I wanted one of those web bowls- but had nothing to put in it. Glad you had fun setting up at least!