Friday, October 2, 2015

Happy faces, purple and look at those ears!

It's been a rather dreary several days here in Atlanta, with one appearance from the sun on Wednesday.  And it's been a busy week, with very little photo opportunities.  So again I turn to some photos I haven't posted that have sunshine in them (from late July).  Hope you don't mind!

- At my aunt's home in Franklin, North Carolina - way up on the top of a mountain.  (The drive to get up there is harrowing.)  I like these happy flowers beside the driveway.

- I think she likes purple flowers, as do I.

- And from her sister-in-law's garden - another mosaic offering.  I titled this photo "Look at those ears!"  Handles from old coffee cups, I'm sure.

There's a chill in the air this morning and it's raining.  I'm thinking I need to put away the open toed shoes I'm so fond of wearing.  It's time.  Hope you have a great weekend, my friends!

12 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Happy October dear Lynn! Love the mosaic. Hope you are in the swing of Fall.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - what a fun post .. a cousin brought me some dahlias straight from a nursery - they were wonderful - sadly I had to ditch them today ...

The house must fantastic perched high up that .. and I do love 'look at those ears' ... wonderful and endearing - the post and the ears! Cheers Hilary

Maude Lynn said...

That mosaic is so cool!

Elephant's Child said...

Love those splashes of colour. And the ears...
Have a wonderful weekend - and I hope the sun makes an appearance or two.

Lee said...

That's a very interesting-looking mosaic...ears and all! :)

Anonymous said...

Those ears are adorable!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Love the Flowers and I'm a Lavender girl myself-----I love the Mosaic, too...What a great idea to use the Cup Handles for ears. Very inventive and creative! Hope you are having a good weekend in spite of the weather.

Fireblossom said...

Listen! Cappuccino!

Sparkling Red said...

The last flowers of the season are so precious. I always hope that they'll hold on as long as possible.

Riot Kitty said...

Those are quite cheerful, thank you!

Jannie Funster said...

Those cup handle ears are the BEST!!

I'm a big big fan of Late July crackers. And your late July photos are quite nice. So happy my impatiens came back robustly after all the deer munching. And Jim's building me a nice little gated fence for the front yard. No more deer feasting on my flowers, yay!

Chilly here now at night, but still hot at day.

xooxoxoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

I was driving along in the car today and although it was a lovely sunny day it just has that Autumn feel about it now. Sigh. Although I love the seasons, I prefer Spring and Summer.