Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Fall beauty, volunteer and beautiful clouds

- Every time I see the camellia bush blooming this time of year at my weekend park, it makes me think of my grandmother's house, with its red camellia blooming by the front door.  It was a beautiful morning - and warm.  A good morning for a walk.

- There is some kind of construction landfill area along the way during that walk and I was delighted to see this clump of orange flowers that had "volunteered" at the top of a mound of dirt / mulch. 

- The morning turned cloudy toward the end of the walk.  Friend Laura knew the name of this cloud formation, but it didn't stick in my head.  I call it beautiful.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful sky shot and nice memories...

Granny Annie said...

There is nothing better than things that bring us memories of our grandparents.

Granny Annie said...

There is nothing better than things that bring us memories of our grandparents.

Granny Annie said...

There is nothing better than things that bring us memories of our grandparents.

Elephant's Child said...

LOVE that sky. Cirrus? Or a Macherel sky?
I am a huge fan of volunteer plants, camellias and memories.

Susan Kane said...

Like you, types of clouds wisp through my mind. Lovely walk.

Lee said...

I think they're called "ripple-effect" those clouds, Lynn. Again great photos. :)

sage said...

Yep, it's camellia time--we'll have them for the next four-five months if they bloom like they did last year (not one plant, but there are a dozen or so different varieties in the yard.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Great pics, n sky! Glad you are enjoying the fall scenery

Riot Kitty said...

Sorry I am so behind! Loving your fall pics.