Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Favorite breakfast, delighting and one Beatle

- A favorite breakfast - Egg in a Frame. It was the first thing I ever learned to cook. 1. Pinch out center of bread to make a hole. 2. Place into a medium-hot skillet, drop a pat of butter in the center and let it melt until it is sizzling. 3. Crack an egg and fill the center hole with the raw egg. 4. When the egg white has turned white and the yolk has started to firm, gently flip the Egg in a Frame with a metal spatula. 5. Cook until the yolk is firm (or to desired firmness) 6. Remove from the pan and serve with salt and pepper. Yum!

- A little girl, delighting in a bank of petunias, picks a purple one that exactly matches the flowers in her dress.

- Sitting with a group of friends, the discussion turns toward the upcoming Paul McCartney concert in Atlanta; sparking a discussion of concerts we have all attended. Most of us have seen at least one Beatle in concert.

12 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

I've been pondering which bank I'm going to rob to pay for tickets to see Paul!

Lynn said...

Mama Zen -

I know - they are $79 here. Sounds so much less than $80. :)

TALON said...

We call that dish "toad in a hole" - and I'm thinking egg in a frame sounds a little bit nicer - lol!~

Aww! I can just see the little girl with the purple petunia!

Don't you love the clever marketing?

Lynn said...

Talon -

I've heard that. Very cute name. :)

Yes - I think the ticket prices were lowered to $79 from $80. Funny.

Cathy said...

i love toads in the hole too! i read your favorite movie list in your profile--i love all those movies too!!

Lynn said...

Cathy -

I was curious if most people make that - and seems they do!

Aren't those great movies? I love the independents as well as the black and white films from the '30s and '40s. We have good taste. :)

Snaggle Tooth said...

mmm, now I'm really hungry! Love eggs, too-
It can be really tough to match pattern's hues!
I took my Daughter who attended Berkley college of music, to Sir Paul in '02 in Boston- Paid hundreds of bux! good seats- Was worth every penny, I was lucky to have it at the time. He's my hero (as a songwriter- aside from John Lennon of course)

Lynn said...

Snaggle -

I could have gone to the concert, but am choosing to go be with family in Pensacola, Florida this weekend instead. Tough choice, but family wins out every time. :)

Sounds like you made a good memory with that concert. I saw George Harrison several years ago. It was great, too.

G. B. Miller said...

Man, it's been so long since I had real egg that I might actually try that this weekend when the family is gone.

Lynn said...

G -

Tell me how you like it. It makes the house smell so good! Some people butter the bread before dropping it in the skillet, but I think my method works just fine. The pat of butter melts and spreads out under the bread.

G. B. Miller said...

Will do.

In spite of the thoughtfully pleasant posts on my blog, it's been a brutal week.

Perhaps a little raising of the cholesteral is just what the doctor ordered.

Lynn said...

G -

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad week. Brutal might be worse than bad. Hope your Saturday is better and that you tried the recipe.