Thursday, August 20, 2009

Floating, heirlooms and touching

- Niece Amanda's dog Lucky was wistful that everyone was in the pool but him, so they fashioned a float on a tube and he floated away, looking quite cheerful about it, too.

- Wistfulness from me when I found that I had missed out on the "home grown" tomatoes that a co-worker brought in to share. So I got my own special bag of heirloom tomatoes this morning.

- A young couple arriving together to the office briefly touch hands before heading off in opposite directions to begin their work for the day.

7 comments:

TALON said...

Seems that Lucky was appropriately named!

Our tomatoes have not done well - too much rain and not nearly enough sunshine. We'll be relying on the local market to indulge this year.

Aww, it's the little things that keep us connected.

Lynn said...

Talon -

Lucky is appropriately named. He was living in a foster home with one of Amanda's friends and he and Amanda bonded. She applied for adoption and they are inseparable now. My sister calls him her granddog. :)

Maude Lynn said...

Cute picture! I'm not sure my dog would go for that.

Lynn said...

Mama Zen -

Apparently Lucky doesn't like to get wet - so this works for him. What's up with a dog who doesn't like getting wet?

G. B. Miller said...

A dog who doesn't like getting wet is simply a cat in disguise.

Snaggle Tooth said...

That dog is great! No one likes to be left out-
Those cravings once thought of, are terrible for the waistline...
So I'm eating cantelope after the ice cream today!

Lynn said...

G -

Lucky is a bit cat-like. :) How funny!

Snaggle -

Yes - he is part of the family. And ice cream - oh yum. Love it. But cantaloupe sounds good, too!