Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hero, flying and fried green tomatoes

- A HERO truck operator pouring gasoline into a stranded car in the early morning. We are so fortunate to have HEROs aka the Highway Emergency Response Operators program. It is a freeway service patrol operated in metro Atlanta by the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT.) Their goal is to clear congestion, but they are still heroes to me.

- Driving behind a car with a large dog hanging out of the window enthusiastically barking at everyone and everything in sight. And wondering what goes through their heads while riding in a motorized vehicle and if it makes them feel as if they're flying.

- A great new restaurant discovery and a salad with the unusual ingredient of fried green tomato croutons. It had other good things, too, but this is what made me want it.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I don't think we have HEROs here but they sound like a great blessing.

Lynn said...

They are a blessing, but I haven't had to use them. Except once I called the *DOT number to report an elderly man standing beside his car on the expressway side of it. He was smiling, but looked like he needed help so I hope they came. I couldn't have pulled over.