Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Winking, a visit and forever young

- Catching fleeting glimpses of the moon winking in and out of the clouds like something out of a pop-up book.

- A friend telling me that her mother-in-law says she can see her long deceased husband playing basketball with his friends in the backyard. "See? Can't you see him?" I tell her that maybe she really does see him.

- A man at my volunteer organization has turned 50, with his office appropriately decorated. And smiling at his flush of pleasure when I tell him he doesn't look a day over 40. (And he really doesn't.)

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Men, yes, I am a bit jealous how they do not show their age as much as we do. In my opinion, anyway. Alas, they do not live as long as we.

Lynn said...

True. This guy has the clean living on his side also, I think.