Monday, February 23, 2009

Lent, warmth and walking uprightly

- Walking the church grounds with a man and his son searching for the three holes in the ground that the Lenten crosses went into last year. Different friends coming by to offer suggestions, I finally leave them to it knowing it will be taken care of.

- Thinking of my mother every time I pull on my long black gloves. Ever practical, but loving stylish things, she chose these for me because I am fond of black and like gloves that disappear up into my coat sleeves.

- Quote for the day from my FrankinCovey calendar planner: "There is a transcendent power in example. We reform others unconsciously when we walk uprightly." --Annie-Sophie Swetchine.

3 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I'm just going to leave a link here of a post I very much enjoyed a while ago, since you mention setting an example.

http://createabalance.com/what-are-your-intentions/

I liked the list of 10 Commandments on the post.

And shoot, I have just changed cars and lost one of my black gloves!

Lynn said...

Thanks Jannie - I will check that out.

Jannie Funster said...

her blog is very uplifting in general - wonderful writhing.

:)