Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mighty fine, little Nicky and common ground

- My carbohydrate-laden takeout lunch from nearby Figo. A Caprese panini and some bruschetta, with a bite taken out of it already. :) The man at the counter is recently in from Italy and has a delightful accent. I got to choose between a number of different spreads on the bruschetta. He rattled them off rapidly and then said, "You want me to choose for you?" I did. And it was mighty fine (whatever it was.)

- Walking into the plant manager's office at work and being confronted by an indignant little poodle, barking madly. She is the plant manager's dog and visiting for the day, very protective and totally devoted to him. I loved seeing the interaction between this tiny dog and this big tough man.

- Attending a focus group to study the amending of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977. Because the subject matter is so dry and to get us in the mood to talk, the moderator asks us to interview the person next to us to see what we have in common. Rob and I find that we both watched the film Inception recently and are both still scratching our heads over it. The only common ground, but it gets us talking and ready for the discussion.

14 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Dogs rule! :-)

(so does good food!)

LL Cool Joe said...

Dogs scare me! :D Even poodles.

That food does look good! Love the fact that you couldn't resist having a bite before you photographed it. :D

Louvregirl said...

Are you sure that you don't want all of that? It looks GOOD.
lg :)

Granny Annie said...

Yummy food.

Little yappy dogs are the only dogs that have ever bitten me. I fear them.

I quit scratching my head over Inception and just pretend I never saw it.

TALON said...

Stripey is disgusted by Shay's comment - lol!

That lunch looks yummy!

Little dogs always seem to have the biggest attitudes :)

Jannie Funster said...

Never heard of that Foreign Act. Sounds pretty intense.

Have not seen Inception. And will probably not, not fond of head scratching. :)

Never been to Italy, but in my mind. Caprese from the isle Of Capri, perhaps? Great style of pants for the summer.

xoxo

Maude Lynn said...

I'm still scratching my head over Inception, too!

Lynn said...

FB -

Dogs do rule and cats aren't too shabby either. :)

Joe -

Yes - I took a bite and then realized that the food was so gorgeous it deserved to photographed before being wolfed down. :)

lg -

It was gone in 10 minutes. It was good!

Granny Annie -

I paused that movie about 10 minutes into it and looked up Roger Ebert's review so I could see what it was about. He said he was lost half the time, too. :)

Talon -

That little dog has a mighty heart! So cute and so devoted to Tony.

Jannie Muffin -

I go to Italy in my mind, too. Oh yes - I would love to go there.

xo

MZ -

I know, me too!

Sparkling Red said...

I was wowed by the special effects in Inception, but less than impressed by the lack of psychological and emotional depth.

G. B. Miller said...

That lunch rules!

Riot Kitty said...

How is it your blog always makes me hungry? Even when I've just finished dinner?

desk49 said...

Sorry for being so late.

What can I say
A sandwich a dog and
a focus group
All came together
in somewhat of a loop
The man making the sandwich
just came here new
The dog and the man were
friends through and through
The people in the group
talked round and round
All three of them chattered
making different sounds

Snaggle Tooth said...

I live on carbs lately- just had bagel pizza again (-bagels free from work) You eat the most interesting take-out that I've never had. Your food is educational!
Toy poodles are so cute! Smart n very trainable too- An old friend had one.
Sounds like a strange focus group topic! Never saw the film. Guess I won't try to...

Lynn said...

Sparkling Red -

I finally just watched and stopped worrying about whether we were in a dream or dream within a dream or not in a dream. It was mind boggling. The special effect were incredible, I agree.

G -

I know, I could eat that every day.

Riot Kitty -

You could have all that, too - it's vegetarian.

Ellis -

I like that - especially the chattering part. :)

Snaggle -

I like to write about food, so I'm glad it is not getting old. :)