Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The walk in, 30318 and memory lapse


- I just thought the sky was beautiful when I was walking around the back of the printing company on my way in to work at 7:30am and stopped to take the first photo. But the second photo shows the walk - not beautiful, but with a certain character. Potholes that always remind me of tiny fairy skating rinks when they are iced over, the trucks of nice men who will smile their greeting and the glory of the morning.

- I've worked there for three years now and feel part of the 30318 neighborhood. Mr C's Bar and Grill doesn't have the usual quirky sign postings anymore - I think that guy must have moved on. I kind of miss that. My new dry cleaner, "Ralph's Cleaners," is around the corner - Ralph always remembers my name. I chose his cleaners over the other two on the street because of the number of cars pulling in and out.

- In another part of town, later in the evening, a group of slightly weary women have a meeting without cake / cookies / or whatever. Someone was supposed to bring that. Oops - we didn't need it anyway, I keep telling myself. And perhaps it is appropriately spare for the beginning of the new year.

13 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Very cool sunrise. Kind of makes you forget about the trials and tribulations that make up life for just a little while.

Jannie Funster said...

Better than 90210 any day.

What's up with the sky these past few years? The older I get, the more beautiful it does.

xoxo

Fireblossom said...

You crafty thing, Lynn. That's a smart way to choose a store!

TALON said...

The sky was beautiful...and the fairy skating rinks - that's such a poetic image :)

I'm sorry Mr. C's not up to the quirky signs, too. I miss them.

desk49 said...

So when one sees
the beauty one
shows not the pothole.

At home yet not
as you go
around the block

No goodies to be munched
No treats to be shear
because someone forget
to bring them there

Lynn said...

G -

Good - I'm glad my sunrise photos inspire that. It's interesting how in the second photo, the sky is a few degrees lighter and it was taken maybe 10 seconds later.

Jannie -

Better than Beverly Hills? Some might say, but others wouldn't. :)

I don't know, but I love a beautiful sunset.

xoxoxo

FB -

Ralph does a bustling business and that is truly how I picked it.

Talon -

I think of that every time they are iced over (which isn't often around here.)

This is more typical of Mr C's lately: "Get your hangover here." Not quite as charming as the old sign postings. :)

Ellis -

Yes - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thank you for capturing that in your poem.

Granny Annie said...

All meetings should serve refreshments. Especially now that I am on another health and fitness program:)

sage said...

Mr C will be missed!

Lynn said...

Granny Annie -

But fruit and water, right? :)

Sage -

I'll continue to watch the sign and photograph it if anything good comes up.

RK -

Thank you!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Cool how different perpectives of composition ca totally change the story of pics of the same thing- Pretty color.
Oh i'm sorry Mr C's lost the sign thing- it was fun! Sounds like a good business nieghborhood.
While goodies can be fun, after the New Year dieting begins, they can also derail plans- so just as well!

Lynn said...

Snaggle -

Hey - you were just here. I haven't given up on Mr C's - will keep watching the sign. Now they are mostly posting what bowl game will be on the TV.

LL Cool Joe said...

Maybe Mr C has some crap going on his life?

So how often do you go to the dry cleaners? I never go, because my wardrobe doesn't contain any clothes that need dry cleaning!

Lynn said...

Joe -

I just have a few work jackets that need the dry cleaners. Which reminds me I need to go pick up! :)