Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ab imo pectore, guilty pleasure and virtuosity

- Enjoying the look of Annis's blog, Ab Imo Pectore (translated: "From the bottom of my heart") even though I cannot read Norwegian. (I found the translation on a piece of jewelry seen on Etsy.)

- The guilty pleasure of having someone in to clean my house today. He is out of work and likes to clean. I work and do not enjoy cleaning, so it works out for both of us.

- Vowing to make the Spicy Cabbage and Chicken Stir-fry seen on Clotilde's blog. She was wrestling with what to do with a head of cabbage purchased in a "fit of virtuosity." I agree that cruciferous vegetables are good for you, so will try this during the weekend and report back.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I'd have to clean for weeks to get my house anywhere near presentable to have a "maid" come in here!

Lynn said...

It took all Monday evening to tidy up for him. I spent most of the time carrying things from room to room putting them back in their proper place. And throwing out catalogs, which I had to look at first, course.

My sister is coming to visit for a couple of days, so the money to pay him was so worth it to have someone else do the scrubbing and vacuuming.