Monday, January 27, 2014

My turn, sweet tooth satisfaction and taste test

- It's pretty telling that the most exciting thing that I think happened to me this weekend was the notification from the library that I was next up for the new Sue Grafton book. I could have downloaded it (for $$) or purchased the hardback copy, but I have a lifelong love of the library, so I was delighted when it was my turn to read this one.  I've read every single one of her alphabet series in order, beginning with A is for Alibi

- A dinner with a large group of friends at a Thai restaurant near home that included a lot of table hopping.  My favorite part of the dinner was a dessert made by another friend named Barb (I have three Barbs) - Baileys cheesecake.  I've had a raging sweet tooth lately, which I have suppressed, but gave into this wonderful few bites (shared with friend Janice.)

- Refilling the candy jar at work this morning with what we refer to as "red candy" - Walmart brand "Cinnamon discs."  And having a red candy taste test this morning with a coworker.  We agree that the new red candy is different, but we still like it.  :)

15 comments:

TALON said...

I have a friend who is addicted to Grafton.

Sometimes you have to indulge the sweet tooth. That's what I say when I have some of my bittersweet chocolate...ummmm...everyday. :)

Granny Annie said...

You have more patience than I. Will get another book rather than go on waiting list.

I'm confused about the dessert at the Thai restaurant. Did you friend make it and take it there or does your friend work there or did you leave and eat the cheese cake somewhere else and how could you only eat a few bites???

Not happy about Cinnamon discs being changed even a tiny bit.

Lynn said...

Talon -

I agree, but I need to stop. :)

Granny Annie -

It was an event at the Thai restaurant - my friend made two desserts (with the restaurant's blessing) and we had it there. The other dessert was an angel food cake with a fluffy icing, but it seemed that everyone wanted that decadent cheesecake, so having a few bites was the only way to ensure having any at all. :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It's weird, but I have never read any of her books----maybe someday.
That Bailey's Cheesecake sounds quite yum yum!

Joanne said...

Bailey's cheesecake. Definitely WANT.

Louvregirl said...

Lynn! You have snow!!!

Lynn said...

Naomi -

I think they are neat, because they are set in the 80s - she has not let her heroine age by our years. Recommended if you like mystery novels.

And that cheesecake was yum yum!

Joanne -

SO good.

lg -

I do! We closed at 12:30pm and I got home in the nick of time. Traffic is a nightmare now. So grateful to be home.

Louvregirl said...

Yeah Lynn! So glad that you got out early. The Weather Channel is showing shots of the traffic backed up with snow. Looks like a total and complete mess! Stay safe and warm
:-) Hunker down!

Riot Kitty said...

Yum. I want cheesecake now. My meeting brought me a bag of dark chocolate this morning, which I haven't had yet, but my volunteers say it's good.

Fireblossom said...

Two inches of snow? Really???

As a northerner, I snicker.

Louvregirl said...

Lynn~Are you OK? It sounds like a nightmare there. Did you have to get to work today? Take care.
lg

Lynn said...

lg -

My employers (who rock!) made the decision to close very early yesterday (noon) and close today. I'm not going anywhere. Thank you for checking on me - I appreciate your concern. I'm horrified at the reports on facebook of friends who finally got home at 5am this morning or haven't checked in during the last few hours, but love the stories of those who were able to find friends to stay with and get off the road.

Riot Kitty -

I say - you can't beat cheesecake or dark chocolate. Yum.

FB -

Understandable snickering. :)



Louvregirl said...

Nice photo of your feet by the fire. I like that. :-)

Betty Manousos said...

that bailey's cheesecake sounds delicious!
love me some.

two inches of snow? brrr...take care and keep warm!!
xoxo

Lee said...

I understand your excitement about the availability of the book you'd been waiting to read.

I'm glad you explained the dessert/cheesecake business...as that confused me, too, when reading your post...but now all is clear in this old brain of mine, Lynn! :)