Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Silver and green, little house and snowman

- Friend Barb and I went on our annual pilgrimage to beautiful Madison, Georgia last Saturday, for the annual tour of homes.  I didn't take that many photos, but loved a home belonging to a young couple married less than two years.  Restoration of their home has been a labor of love.  He told me that he took her to an 8th grade dance and they had been a couple ever since.  Their home was filled with beautiful touches and I loved this silvery vase on the back patio, filled with seasonal greenery.

- They don't have children yet, but there's a little play house waiting in the back yard, for when they do. 

- This snowman in front of a shop brought back a memory of drawing a snowman for niece Mina when she was about two years old.  We were out to breakfast and she brought me a pen and napkin and wanted me to draw a snowman.  She described exactly what she wanted:  branches for arms, a carrot nose and a hat.  Nice memory.

7 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - lovely day out with Barb ... a great annual look around - what fun - cheers Hilary

Jannie Funster said...

Aw, love the story of the snowman.

LOVE those parade of homes. Were they all renos?

And I could see you in the distance in that silvery vase. Looking good!!:)

Alrighty, you are awesome!!!!

Miss you and Hilary too. Maybe I'll get those cards in the mail after I do my Canada and North Carolina packages.

oxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox

Crafty Green Poet said...

What an interesting way to spend time!

I like the vase and flowers

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely memories. Both of your trip with Barb, and of the snowman.

Granny Annie said...

The silvery vase is awesome. I pray for the couple to fill that little house with children. The snowman is one handsome fellow. Great post of good things!

Lee said...

That's a cute little play house...it'd do me! ;)

Even though it's summer here and our Christmases are always hot...and we're used to that as it's part of who we are...snowmen and all things pertaining thereto are still part of our Christmases, too...if even only on cards etc. :)

Snaggle Tooth said...

Touring homes is definitely interesting as you report it- A snowman who doesn't melt in Georgia is perfect! No snow here yet.