Monday, April 3, 2017

Having a moment, before and after

I got caught up in traffic madness in Atlanta last week and have not been visiting blogs at all, so I'll be catching up while I adjust to the "New Normal" of navigating to and from work without I-85.  For those who haven't heard about it, more here.

Meanwhile - a few scenes from the wedding weekend:

The day before the wedding, my sister and I were watching a crew set up for the wedding from her bedroom window (setting up tables and chairs for the reception, stringing lights on the outdoor cook shed, where the band would play, etc.)  She said, "This is like a Steel Magnolias moment!" 

Remember the tree from the prior post?  There it is ahead, waiting for the big moment, as guests arrive.

I've never seen this property look so park-like.  They consider the property to be a deer sanctuary - hunting is off limits, so it's not unusual for them to wander through.  I imaged them off in the woods, during the ceremony, peering out at the festivities.

The church pews were loaned to the bride by a friend, for the family to sit in during the ceremony.  I loved the mason jars with baby's breath hanging on the edge of the pews.

And after the ceremony, as the family awaited being photographed as a (big) group.  The hunting buggy in the background there brought the bride and her father to the ceremony spot.  It's from the plantation where she works.

It was all so gorgeous - one of the most beautiful weddings I've every attended.  And the reception was great fun.  The best part was seeing a couple so dedicated to each other and the looks on their faces when she was walking forward to marry him.

13 comments:

Granny Annie said...

That has to be the most beautiful wedding ever! Lovely setting and wonderful planning. Thank you for sharing.

Yes I followed the news of the I-85 bridge collapse after first reading about it on Lisa's blog THE PINK TEE SHIRT. I wondered if you would be affected. Unbelievable that a roaring fire could destroy the road and I wondered immediately if homeless persons had started it because you always see them standing around burning barrels on TV shows. At the beginning it showed cars actually driving through the smoke to get to work. Yikes!

Lynn said...

Annie -

It actually started during the afternoon rush hour - I missed it by 30 minutes. Thousands of people were stuck on the expressway behind it for hours. The city of Atlanta police and the Georgia State Patrol did a phenomenal job getting everyone off the expressway in a methodical manner.

The real culprit is the Department of Transportation, who had been storing highly flammable plastic tubing in that spot since 2006 (for some reason.) And then that guy lit it up (for some reason.) Sigh.

I'm using the WAZE app on my phone to get to work and leaving an hour earlier. It's going to be a long few months.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - wonderful .. we get the feel of love and happiness from your post - gorgeous place to live - I'd remember the wedding and forget about the fire - sounds dreadfully remiss of someone ... take care and enjoy the memories - lovely .. cheers Hilary

http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/b-is-for-british-breeds-introduction.html

Elephant's Child said...

It looks and sounds beautiful. Precious moments to hug to yourselves.
I had heard about that fire, and hope the damage can be rectified quickly. Good luck over the coming months.

sage said...

Looks like a nice wedding, but I always worry about out-door weddings and rain. That I-85 bridge mess in Atlanta sounds like a nightmare.

Lady Fi said...

What a lovely location!

Snaggle Tooth said...

So glad you are OK -did see that road collapse on the news, what a nightmare for the traffic there! Wedding looks absolutely wonderful in that setting. Great scenery, n I see the rain stayed away.

LL Cool Joe said...

What a beautiful setting for a wedding. And the weather looked amazing too. One of things you could never risk doing in the UK is having a wedding outside.

I hope the traffic isn't stressing you out too much.

Lee said...

A beautiful setting...natural settings like that are the best in my opinion. Everyone relaxes and enjoys the special moment.

I saw coverage of the bridge disaster on our news bulletins here...thankfully there were no injuries or loss of life.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, The collapse of the highway made the news everywhere. I just glad no one was hurt.
What a beautiful setting for a wedding, I can picture the deer watching too. Lovely series of photos. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The family affair looked lovely even without seeing any of the event. The location and the weather certainly seemed ideal.
Sorry to learn that the highway collapse has only added to your driving to work woes, as if normal traffic wasn't enough? And yes it does seem idiotic to have stored flammables beneath a bridge.

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a lovely setting for a wedding

Leonora said...

This wedding looks like something out of a magazine! Just gorgeous. Whoever planned it all had a beautiful vision. Congratulations to the bride and groom!

One of the teachers at school here happened to be in Atlanta for a volleyball meet and was caught on the highway shortly after the bridge collapse. She took a photo of it on her phone. Crazy stuff.