Friday, April 13, 2018

Good Things Happened: Another good dog and friends

I love dogs like friend Carol's dog, Bailey.  He was chosen from a shelter years ago and has been just the best dog, she says.  He never commands attention, like his brethren at the park.  I like that.

This hosta gets a mention every year, just for being faithful. It hibernates in the winter and makes an appearance in early spring.  I had almost forgotten about it until I saw some little shoots coming up.  It has made this miraculous transformation in the last two weeks.  It will double in size from this - it's just getting started.

Neighbor Rhonda is laying in some bedding plants, which gave me a huge smile when I got home yesterday.  She didn't feel like it last year, so this is definitely a good thing.

Google presented me with this altered photo of the dogwood tree that presides over the trash compactor at the condos.  I had not planned to use it, but it's rather striking now.  :)

I know it's not pretty everywhere like it is in the south, but you'll get there, I promise.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

14 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love that cute bunny statue!

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you so much for your bright and beautiful good things. I hope your weekend is filled with more.

Cloudia said...

What a sweet post!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - love the hare too ... I think! But hostas take off don't they ... love the mix of colours, certainly petunias and a couple of others I can't think of their names ... then Bailey - what a delight ... lovely to go for walks with him and Carol of course! - cheers Hilary

Chatty Crone said...

I feel sorry for our friends in the north - spring is definitely here in Atlanta - got my plant bed ready this week and flowers tomorrow.

desk49 said...

I think the perfect pet is
that green rabbit over there
It never runs off or makes a mess
and sheds not a single hair

It's set's there guardian that plant
for all the world to see
Yes of all the pets running around
that is the perfect one for me

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
Have a wonderful weekend.

All the best Jan

Lady Fi said...

Sweet dog and lovely shots of the flowers.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

How nice to see these bright flowers, especially since it’s been a rainy 2 days here in Nashua, NH. And, yes, a very sweet dog once again.

Granny Annie said...

Hello Bailey. Shelter dogs are the best! They know when they finally have a good home. Hosta is getting so big.

Snaggle Tooth said...

A nice Golden Retriever at the post Office wanted to come home with me today! They are wonderful dogs- Yay you can do flowers there already! We are just doing the Crocus n budding now. No annuals at the store yet. Very Cheery!

Sherry Ellis said...

Your plants are lovely. Flowers have a way of brightening the mood. Cute dog, too. It's nice that he's easy going and low maintenance!

Fireblossom said...

Bailey looks like a dear one. I have to go see if my hosta is up--maybe not, everything is very late this year. :-(

Crafty Green Poet said...

Bailey looks like a lovely dog!